What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

first 24 hours with rcz gt OPINION.....!!!!

A

Anonymous

hello guys and girls :D i have just spent my 1ST Day with my opal white rcz gt............which i took delivery of yesterday.

well what do i think of it so far
PROS.
1.its stunning to look at and i am so glad i got white as its best matches the cars shape.
2.the 19" standard alloys are really nice.
3.love the rear spoiler.
4.it sits real squat to the tarmc 235 tyres very cool..
5.didnt like the front end initially but its growing on me :D
6.very comfortable and quiet on the motorway great ride quality
CONS.
1.ITS NO type r fn2 my former car(gone but not forgoton) it could run rings round it on a track .BUT HEY ITS A DIFFERENT TYPE OF CAR.
2..steering wheel too big
3.cheap interior plastics in places (glove box,sides of centre console,whole underside of dash really.
5. polished cover of the ashtray came off in my hand on 1st opening.
6.electric seats the money could have been better spent elsewhere ie,xenon lights standard.
7.leather seats dont grip your body enough

OVER ALL.
I LOVE THE CAR ITS A FRENCH ALFA ROMEO,KIND OF IT SLOWLY STEALS YOUR HEART AWAY MAKING YOU FORGET THE SMALL GRIPES

A

Anonymous

tbh,,, it stole my heart the first time i saw a picture of it :)

A

Anonymous

hi had mine for 2 days now ,i would say your pros and cons list is just right ,

A

Anonymous

Interesting regarding the FN2 rating as superior. I felt so much more comfortable hooning the RCZ than the new Type R.

But then again I found the older EP3 much better than the FN2. COuld be down to our Scottish roads suiting the RCZ though!

Regardless! Welcome im sure you will enjoy the RCZ more and more.

A

Anonymous

Hi Jassy :wave:

Got to say the Type R is an all round better car :dance: , I talk from knowledge before any one jumps, my wife has a two year old Type R. We have had it from new and it is quicker, better handling, more responsive and has a gear box that suits the engine and chassis rather than a box that would suit a truck. I have had my RCZ for about 4 weeks and just disappoints the more I drive it :thumbdown: :thumbdown: . True, it looks stunning but it is ruined as a drivers car but that stupid gear box and a turbo lag that you can measure in minutes.

Got to say that I traded from a 18 month old MX5 and if I could wind back the clock I would still have it.

Sorry, but from years of experience both road and track the RCZ is all show not much else.

I will now sit back and wait for the usual blinded defence but what do I care, this mistake only cost me £24K

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that but like all things I suppose, you pays your money, you takes your choice. Hopefully they turn out okay but sometimes things just don't turn out the way we plan or hope. I suppose it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

A

Anonymous

We have all made purchases and regretted them. I'm sorry for you that on this occasion that the purchase was such an expensive one. I love my RCZ.

A

Anonymous

RCZ BHOY said:
Hi Jassy :wave:

Got to say the Type R is an all round better car :dance: , I talk from knowledge before any one jumps, my wife has a two year old Type R. We have had it from new and it is quicker, better handling, more responsive and has a gear box that suits the engine and chassis rather than a box that would suit a truck. I have had my RCZ for about 4 weeks and just disappoints the more I drive it :thumbdown: :thumbdown: . True, it looks stunning but it is ruined as a drivers car but that stupid gear box and a turbo lag that you can measure in minutes.

Got to say that I traded from a 18 month old MX5 and if I could wind back the clock I would still have it.

Sorry, but from years of experience both road and track the RCZ is all show not much else.

I will now sit back and wait for the usual blinded defence but what do I care, this mistake only cost me £24K
HELLO MY FRIEND :)

I I LOVED THE TYPE R IN A LOT OF WAYS THE SHAPE the telepathic steeering and probably the best manual gearbox ever to be put in a hot hatch And the engine a classic, but it was not without its bad point ride quality at low speed was terrible and paint quality was shocking,bad quality stereo (no bass) the plastics in the civic are not the best either in certain places and on the motorway it fizzed along never relaxing,but give a B ROAD it was amazing but at the cost of very poor fuel consumption.end civic talk

the rcz is what i need now, comfortable relaxing to drive very stylish well equipped economic and really good to drive AND ALSO I NEED TO HIDE THE KEYS FROM THE MRS SHE LOVES IT SOOOOO MUCH :evil: :evil: BUT SHE HATED THE FN2 TYPE R :(

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
We have all made purchases and regretted them. I'm sorry for you that on this occasion that the purchase was such an expensive one. I love my RCZ.
hello, can you let me know how you get on with them leds i really hope the are good for you.

james

A

Anonymous

I agree the Type R is not perfect, plastics are a bit cheap and the sound system whilst OK is certainly not the best, The paint is good on ours though.
I think the biggest problem with the RCZ is the gear box. True it is never going to steer like the Honda but not much does! It is funny but on long journeys, I have done a few already and the RCZ excells, becomes more of a GT car, nice and smooth. Maybe it is me, I thought with those killer looks it would have more sporting bias. :eusa-think:

I want to love this car, I really do, but I am finding it difficult, but having just spent the cash I don't have the option to change it for a while.

I have already thought about talking to some racing teams to see if anybody knows of a company that could strip the box down and change the ratio's. True it would kill the warranty but to have a lower geared, close ratio box in it would be worth it :dance: :dance: , it could also be worth a remap, all things to look into when funds allow.

Finally though, it does look cool when you see your reflection in a window :dance:

A

Anonymous

Some very valid points being made. Firstly I bought the RCZ on looks and then wet for the quickest top of the range model to balance. I have done 1100m now in three months. I bought the car on a bit of a whim.

My view for what its worth......

It's not the quickest car in the world (200THP) and the turbo lag is indeed excruciating especially coming from a C4S. However if you put good fuel in and keep it spinning the drive is actually very rewarding even if does give terrible MPG! As I spend my days moving at Mach .72 and my recreation time at Mach .94 my need for road speed is not that great.

Do I regret buying it? Not at all, it looks fantastic, turns more heads than my £90k Carrera and is fun to drive. I like the gadgets and the ride. Would I buy another? Yes but probably the diesel version next time for the torque and the economy.

What I don't like is the next to useless customer service, having to insure a loan car every time I need something doing like this week the mirrors being replaced. Service staff that you have to tell how to do something and a general lack of knowledge from the sales staff.

However as long as the niggles remain few I can live with the crap service.

In a nutshell it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Would I buy a Type R? Not on your life, they are the ultimate chav mobile, the XR3i of the new millennium ......... :D :D :D :D

A

Anonymous

I think you have hit the nail on the head when you said....In a nutshell it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

That is that people like us want a car to do, it is more than a box to get from A to B in, and it does not matter what we own, if it gives us that buzz then it is the right car for that person, even if it is an Audi TT !!, Sorry, couldn't resist that one !

A

Anonymous

slightly off topic @ Mr shiney.............During the day do you fly a turboprop?

A

Anonymous

Type R a chav mobile is a bit harsh lol. I owned the EP3 and FN2 and im a respectable sales exec :lol:
Both Type Rs were pretty legendery but fuel was cheaper in those days and anyway the Type Rs were hot hatches where as the RCZ is a coupe so not really a fair comparison in my opinion. The RCZ is outstanding and I wouldn't change it for anything ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ BHOY said:
I talk from knowledge before any one jumps, my wife has a two year old Type R. We have had it from new and it is quicker, better handling, more responsive and has a gear box that suits the engine and chassis rather than a box that would suit a truck.

I agree that the K20A engine and box is a peach.. so much so that I put one in my MG.. 240 Bhp and the best 6 speed box this side of exotica.

If you are getting any lag when driving the RCZ then my advice is stop pussy footing :lol: If your used to a K20A then there is no reason for you to be under 4000Rpm is there :lol:

Keep the revs up high and the steering stays sharp and the engine stays lively. :thumbup:

It is a damn shame that Europre has killed the K20A though.. By far and away my fav engine to drive and work with. :(

A

Anonymous

RCZ BHOY said:
I have already thought about talking to some racing teams to see if anybody knows of a company that could strip the box down and change the ratio's. True it would kill the warranty but to have a lower geared, close ratio box in it would be worth it :dance: :dance: , it could also be worth a remap, all things to look into when funds allow.

My kinda thinking that! :eusa-think:

Mini Countryman rally car... based on the same engine... ;) thats the box you want!

A

Anonymous

Figo,
Absolutely love the MGF, you are clearly a man after my own heart, I had a MK 1 MX5 and put a turbo, inter-cooler and two extra injectors on it, lowered, stiffened chassis, that used to scare the odd elise driver :thumbup:

As for being a pussy, cheeky sod :!: , my other car is a Yamaha XJR 1300, now if you want to go fast, this is the way to go very fast forward :lol: :lol:

I have come to bit of conclusion, the car is fast enough (just but needs a re-map), the chassis is good enough (But could do with a good suspension kit), it just needs setting up properly and of course that new gearbox. As the engine is shared with BMW is was also thinking about what ratio's they use :eusa-think: