What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Feline-Pack Quad exhaust + Tow-bar?

A

Anonymous

I wonder if someone of you who was lucky enough to get Peugeots Feline-Pack has also Peugeot's tow-bar installed.

The quad-exhaust looks as if the middle part would end where the tow-bar's connector goes when it's in its 'parking' position.
I know there are other exhausts available where the new pipe goes all the way around the spare wheel well to avoid this, but I'm not interested in those.

Anyone?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I didn't think you could have a tow bar with the Quad exhaust, but I could be wrong.

The funny thing is, the tow bar itself is most probably not even a problem, but the connector for the electrics could be where the pipe is...

A

Anonymous

Are the electrics only used for a trailer, or do they impact the bike rack as well?

A

Anonymous

JWT said:
Are the electrics only used for a trailer, or do they impact the bike rack as well?

Interesting question. I'll use it for a small trailer.

But anyway, I've called my dealer and now he has to figure out how to get both add-ons on one single car :)

A

Anonymous

Officially the towbar and Peugeot quad exhausts aren't supposed to be fitted together. I'd be interested to hear if you find a way of doing it as I would like to do this too.

A

Anonymous

You will struggle. Having fit my own feline quad exhaust, I know how much space the exhaust takes up and I'm assuming the tow bar bolts onto the rear crash bar that runs beneath the bumper. If so then the two together are a definite no no

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
You will struggle. Having fit my own feline quad exhaust, I know how much space the exhaust takes up and I'm assuming the tow bar bolts onto the rear crash bar that runs beneath the bumper. If so then the two together are a definite no no

The towbar doesn't even touch the crash bar, it's behind it, see photo below.

My hope is that the middle pipe of the exhaust will still somehow fit between either towbar-base and the spare wheel well or crash-bar and towbar-base.

Or above. Or somewhere else :)

Did you make a photo of the exhaust while the rear bumper was removed so I get a better idea where the middle pipe is located after the installation?

Legend:

1: parts of the tow-bar-base
2: crash-bar
3: place where the pipe of the exhaust may or may not fit.

Attachments

• Towbar.jpg
    Towbar.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,019
A

Anonymous

Just got feedback from my Peugeot dealer, both add-ons occupy (about) the same space behind the crash-bar.

In other words, they won't fit together.

I guess if I want that 4x look I'd have to add fake ones :D

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
You can get a different exhaust system that routes the exhaust around the spare wheel area...we sell those as well as the Zunsport.

Sent from my RCZ

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
You can get a different exhaust system that routes the exhaust around the spare wheel area...we sell those as well as the Zunsport.

Sent from my RCZ

Thanks for the suggestion, but your site was actually the very first I looked at :)
I liked the look of one of the Rüffers and the Zunsport best, but couldn't stand the sound of the Rüffer, so I decided that the Zunsport would be the best choice.