What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

feked orf with the amount of brake dust the shoes shed

A

Anonymous

I agree, I polished my wheels yesterday & after just 20 miles driving today, the front wheels are just as dusty again. any suggestions!

A

Anonymous

I did not hear you say that on Track experience day :lol:

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
That is all! :thumbdown:

+1 to that!!!!! i thought my honda civic was bad but this thing is in another league. i'm resigned to having near black front wheels for good.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Do all you guys use a wheel sealant? It won't stop brake dust but it's a damn sight easier to get them clean again - just shampoo and water and an assortment of brushes :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
I did not hear you say that on Track experience day :lol:

good one! :lol:

@RCZ1 yeah I use a sealant and when they're clean they look great but 10 miles later they're dusty and not shiny again

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think you must be braking too hard. Mine were particularly bad when I washed my car yesterday but then it hadn't been washed for 3 weeks but normally the brake dust isn't too bad, certainly keep their shine for a week at least.

A

Anonymous

yes the dreaded brake dust as RCZ1 says if the wheels are waxed/sealed it is easier to come off.also you could always change the front brake pads there are some on the market that shed less dust.my honda civic was bad for dust but the rcz is far worse i also find my self breaking a lot more in the rcz than i did in the honda and i drive slower in the rcz :wtf:

greenstuff brake pads have excellent reputation low dust i think thet cost in the region of £80 ish for a front set

A

Anonymous

Auto Glym Alloy Wheel Sealant is good for this type of thing. Makes cleaning the alloys a lot easier.

A

Anonymous

Polished my wheels this weekend with MER WHEEL WAX, the best I have tried to date, much less dust!

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:

HA! You'd better not buy a Merc then....you get tons more brake dust...very annoying after you've spent hours cleaning it!!! :evil:

RCZ1

Reaction score
halfGT163 said:
H12RPO said:

HA! You'd better not buy a Merc then....you get tons more brake dust...very annoying after you've spent hours cleaning it!!! :evil:

I agree - husband's Discovery is a real nightmare for brake dust but the wheel seal and shine does help enormously in making it easy to clean back up again.

A

Anonymous

I use carplan wonder wheels. £7 gets you 500ml and a brush. Iv washed about 10 sets of wheels and it hasn't really gone down atall. Aldi did the same stuff for £3 and twice as much liquid, so it's worth a lookout as it's good stuff. No effort needed atall :thumbup: