What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Faulty exhaust bracket

A

Anonymous

I have added this already onto a reply for another post....

I was told today that the rear bracket for the twin exhaust attachment is faulty and the RCZ has been recalled for this to be fixed. I was told this by a dealer as they have replaced all their brackets on their RCZ'S already.

Mine was broken... :(

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dave.........Can't believe it, that's my car included! Would never have looked if for that. The dealer obviously doesn't know about it and they should. :x

A

Anonymous

Hi Amber,
It is possible that it was rectified before you took delivery. However it might be worth a telephone call. Had a similar experience with my 407, the required work had been done during it's last service.

A

Anonymous

Amber said:
Thanks Dave.........Can't believe it, that's my car included! Would never have looked if for that. The dealer obviously doesn't know about it and they should. :x

Hi Amber, your dealer will be aware of any issues like this.

Dealers are notified of the details of any recalls/campaigns due directly by Peugeot and will check if your car is due any work as part of the pre delivery inspection, if it is due something they will then do the work at that point.

If you are concerned simply ask them if the car needed/had the work done.

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

I've just checked the link and it refers to a brake hose corrotion issue leading to a reduction in braking efficiency?
Anybody else heard about this?

No mention of an exhaust bracket problem on the VOSA website anymore, does that mean all effected vehicles have been fixed?
Thanks
Bradders

A

Anonymous

HI Bradders,
The exhaust bracket was not on the VOSA website. Cheers.

VASS

Reaction score
I just had the brake issue when I searched too

"Over a period of time it is possible for the front brake hoses to deteriorate through contact with other components. If left for some time it is possible that the brake hoses will leak fluid and there to be a loss of braking efficiency. "