What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

fault code f03e

Eptcb

Reaction score
anybody know about this code: f03e - from Diagbox checking
in service box its write as - "absence of communication with the rev counter unit ECU or the odometer warning lamps unit".
but cant find more info.... if its the instrument cluster itslef or bsi, because it seems all working O.k

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4

Pedro

Reaction score
Reset the BCM BSI as its showing more than one fault it appears ECU has no return signals from the binnacle ?

Eptcb

Reaction score
I did reset no luck
Only this fault exist

Pedro

Reaction score
You posted about upgrading the Satnav/Radio so where has that post gone because you may have caused the fault by wrongly wiring something which has interfered with functions in the Binnacle ?

Eptcb

Reaction score
I do posting about upgrade ,why is dissapered ill check,
But I undo all wiring but the same error exist.
I think It happens when i connect the instrument cluster again when i set the matrix. There were fault as usual when removing the instrument cluster- the airbag fault. But this can clear all the time. But now this error first time appear.

Eptcb

Reaction score
I dont know if error come from instrument cluster or bsi itself

Pedro

Reaction score
Possibly you have messed something up in the wiring somewhere after disconnecting a circuit a BSI reset should/will return all the systems it controls to factory default settings & sends out signals to all the components it controls to check there functions if it receives no return signal it will initialise the fault code in conjunction with the ECU so check all the wiring connections for a open loop which can trigger code message issues

Eptcb

Reaction score
Did twice reset to BSI the same thing..
maybe i mess up with diagbox setting? where i can find what the factory setting for my VIN?

Pedro

Reaction score
Peugeot as they own the software but you try someone who does remaps ?

Eptcb

Reaction score
I think that the BSI make issues cause now:
1) spoiler open and clos in the same time when i driving do stop and start drive
2)top up coolant massage strange issue-
1. start engine in the morning but disappeared right away after engine run or after 1 mintue
2.and also: first enter to car and do half switch (engine not run) and push breaks or rotate wheel right/left or do blinker right/left!!
3. coolant temp scale (in the instrument panel) after car was rest rise up to 90c (but obd saw 50c) and fell to 50c and again 90c to 60c - this take 10min until its steady, but obd coolant temp show linear without any falling down fault

the diagbox show only 1 fault all time -and its in the BSI - f03e

Pedro

Reaction score
Too many Electrical faults to be happening all at once so Check the Battery ?
You may need a software update from a mapper if they have it or a MD as I explained before your ECU & BSI were not communicating with each other ?

Eptcb

Reaction score
As i see in diagbox all ecu communications are ok no fault all seems good .
I did not map ecu i have stock one

The only fault is communications with tachometer or rev.. and this fault in bsi, but rev and counter seems work well...

Now i check what speed the spoiler do issue and its only at 10kmh....

The temp scale issue was older still a year
new Issue is the spoiler and a lot of trigers of the bug massage "TOP UP COOLANT"

I checked and removed the conector of the coolant level sensor and the all issue of top up dissapered....

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Disconnect the Battery leave it for 5 mins then reconnect & also check the voltage of the battery these cars & Peugeots in general are prone to having ECU BSI programme problems because the batteries are the only thing keeping those units powered up once the power drops the ECU can initialise ALL the Historically stored codes because its reading signals that there are Multiple faults appearing on the command systems & you will see them all appear on a scanner

Eptcb

Reaction score
Battery is good, perform reset but nothing change.
1. But good news for the spoiler- i fix that - just need to calibration.
2.And the coolant issue topup some time it exist, there is know fault about issue with that sensor so psa got simple job and remove that sensor also in the new rcz line 2015. But i cant find why that massage trigger also with push bottuns.....
Maybe canbus issue (is it know issue also with strange triggers of that fault?)
3.And for fault code f03e whats mean rev unit ecu? Where is it also odemeter led warring unit?
4. For coolant temp issue there is known a lot of issues but i cant find issue that the reading in the scale of the instrument cluster is diffrent from the obd in the obd it good linear signal and in the same time in the cluster the reading is up to 90 and down to 50....

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Sounds like you have corrupted software issues or ECU/BSI are the problem ?

Pedro

Reaction score
Fault code F03E is triggered by the ECU detecting issue with the Tacho & rev counter poss communication errors or even loss of signals due to wring -power fault

Last edited: