What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fastest RCZ?

Pseud0nym

Reaction score
Lo Peeps,

Just wondering, excluding any professional cars such as GT and cup cars, whats the fastest modified RCZ have you come across, any 400bhp+?

DanRo

Reaction score
You're joking I hope :?:

+400 BHP out of a 1.6L engine :shock: :eusa-think: :wtf: :lol:

Pseud0nym

Reaction score
DanRo said:

Why would I be joking? A normally aspirated 1.6l might only manage 150-200bhp but with turbochargers and superchargers and various engine tuning options am sure someone has got there or at least close, I have seen a few Fiesta 1.6 ST's at 380 and 400bhp, F1 Cars double that although I don't think they count because they don't last very long.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Pseud0nym said:
DanRo said:

... F1 Cars double that although I don't think they count because they don't last very long.

F1 engines have two extra cylinders also.

DanRo

Reaction score
Off course I the engine only needs to run the 1/4 you can have +500Bhp, but I don't you will find that engine in an RCZ.

The question was is there an +400BHP RCZ, to get that kind of power you have to spend 2 to 3 the value of an RCZ.

And if you have +400 BHP RCZ, it's still a front wheel driven car it can't put +400BHP to the road.

Pseud0nym

Reaction score
DanRo said:
Off course I the engine only needs to run the 1/4 you can have +500Bhp, but I don't you will find that engine in an RCZ.

The question was is there an +400BHP RCZ, to get that kind of power you have to spend 2 to 3 the value of an RCZ.

And if you have +400 BHP RCZ, it's still a front wheel driven car it can't put +400BHP to the road.

The question was "whats the fastest modified RCZ you have come across" and "has anyone seen 400bhp+" Cost and application was your own contribution to which you have answered sufficiently, well done!

We are having a discussion on extravagant upgrades which may be worth considering over in viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12424 but If you want to try answering my question (and to get the topic back on track) you can say something like "my mate Dave got 220bhp out of his 156"

DanRo

Reaction score
[/quote]If you want to try answering my question (and to get the topic back on track) you can say something like "my mate Dave got 220bhp out of his 156"[/quote]

The THP has a range from 156 to 272 BHP so offcourse 220 is possible, but I had a friend which also had 220bhp from a THP156 but that didn't last long the engine broke down completly.

So I think if you have a THP156 it's smatter and cheaper to sell it and to buy THP200 and give it a stage1 remap.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
In greece many thp engines have reached over 350ps (none of them is Rcz but many 207)

Have a look at this
https://youtu.be/nXSCrccJvj4

Of course it never managed to put All this power on the ground and never made any good time..

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
Define fastest?

Laptime 2:15 @ Circuit Zolder (B)
Laptime 2:31 @ Circuitpark Zandvoort (NL)
Laptime 3:41 @ Spa-Francorchamps (B)

Complete stock HDi :mrgreen:

RCZ R should do close to 2minutes at Zolder.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Royston to Newmiller Dam 6m 34s (when the cops aren’t around :law-policered: :auto-car: ) :thumbup:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Over 900 km of autobahns and B roads in under 6 hours incl fuel stops. That is fast :mrgreen:
Don't try this at home :wave:

My RCZ R did 167 MPH flat out. Power-wise I'm still on the stock engine.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
Over 900 km of autobahns and B roads in under 6 hours incl fuel stops. That is fast :mrgreen:
Don't try this at home :wave:

quick question RCZ-R,

when you pass the 160mph mark on the speedo does the digital counter still increase, as there are no markings after 160mph on clock?

when you had the limiter taken off and the revs increase by 200rpm, did you not fancy remapping completely at this point?

cheers

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
quick question RCZ-R,

when you pass the 160mph mark on the speedo does the digital counter still increase, as there are no markings after 160mph on clock?

when you had the limiter taken off and the revs increase by 200rpm, did you not fancy remapping completely at this point?

cheers

When you reach 155 MPH, both on the matrix display and on the speedo, both stop to move. The car still accelerates as you see the rev counter to advance. But the speedo stops completely. But there is a quirk on the matrix display. Following: when you go beyond the 254 kmh or 155 mph mark, and continue to accelerate, then suddenly you get that "shift-up-arrow" in the right upper corner of the matrix display. Like the car would tell you, hey, it is time to shift up. Into 7th gear :lol:
You don't get this software bug when you run against the 155 MPH limiter, as long as it is still operating. But after you remove it and go beyond the 155 mph mark, then suddenly you are treated with this shift-up signal.

Why I did not consider remapping? Cause in my opinion there was no capable tuning company around to do this properly. Most of them consider remapping as something for Sunday drivers. I mean, for occasional drivers where if you go for maximum for few seconds then it is OK. But I explained to them that I often push the car at flat out for a longer period (like recently where I was able to go non-stop at 140-150 MPH for 50 miles at night cause the autobahn was empty) and I need a reliable map. No one was able to deliver that. And I don't fancy errors and limp mode all the time just for few more ponies under the bonnet.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:

So, and not hijacking this thread, how did you know you were doing 167mph flat out? was this a rolling road diagnosis / estimate?

Thanks, Any joy with de-coke yet?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
RCZ-R said:

So, and not hijacking this thread, how did you know you were doing 167mph flat out? was this a rolling road diagnosis / estimate?

Thanks, Any joy with de-coke yet?

I had a GPS device running at the same time. I must have a screenshot of the result somewhere. Will check for it.

Decoke is set for coming week. We start with chemical treatment first. Then we will see if mechanical cleaning is required. I hope not cause this means costs, costs, costs.