What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

FAO PEDRO

BeefyBalls

Reaction score
I had the P0087 code fuel rail / system pressure low fault. managed to limp home, parked the vehicle. Could hear a buzzing noise which first sounded as if it was coming from the boot. it was getting dark so decided to leave it until daylight the next day to inspect however the alarm was blaring as of 11pm that night.

Checked the battery with a multi meter and it was flat. Disconnected the battery, recharged overnight. Reconnect the battery then there was a weird buzzing noise coming from near the hpfp this again flattened the battery.

Removed hpfp, sent to the guy on ebay to refurb, recharged the battery again while the pump was away. upon receiving the pump back, refit everything, battery too. Car started then went dead.

Decided to replace the battery as im sure its the original off 2010. Replace with a new £91 battery from eurocarparts. Now the car has electrical power (windows, locks etc but wont start the engine. I noticed the was now a weird buzzing noise coming from the drivers door or passenger door when open and also the seatbelt lights near the map reading lights all flashing on off.

I am at my wits end with this and have spent over £2500 since purchase on full engine rebuild, new clutch, thermostat housing, and now fuel pump refurb and new battery.

I did notice a few weeks ago the drivers side puddle light was cracked and hanging out. upon inspection and disconnection the connector is rusty.

any advice please?

Pedro

Reaction score
Try this to see what happens other issues could be relay not functioning correctly bad earths as per the puddle light - battery control module or even fuse box faults

Attachments

• Peugeot Citreon reboot BSI 3 minutes waiting time!.PNG
    Peugeot Citreon reboot BSI 3 minutes waiting time!.PNG
    224.5 KB · Views: 16

BeefyBalls

Reaction score
Try this to see what happens other issues could be relay not functioning correctly bad earths as per the puddle light - battery control module or even fuse box faults
Thanks for this, I will try during daylight hours tomorrow. Hopefully the rain holds off too.

indoldn

Reaction score
In case it helps. I had similar issue after I got my HPFP got refurbished and I refitted it the car wouldn't start. I had power etc but when I tried to start the car some of the lights went a bit crazy. Battery kept getting drained, charged it up multiple times. Did BSI reset multiple times and was still the same.

In the end I checked my battery terminals and could see inside the positive terminal there was small amount of corrosion. I cleaned it up and the car then started. Worth checking your battery terminals in case you have the same issue.

Good luck.

BeefyBalls

Reaction score
In case it helps. I had similar issue after I got my HPFP got refurbished and I refitted it the car wouldn't start. I had power etc but when I tried to start the car some of the lights went a bit crazy. Battery kept getting drained, charged it up multiple times. Did BSI reset multiple times and was still the same.

In the end I checked my battery terminals and could see inside the positive terminal there was small amount of corrosion. I cleaned it up and the car then started. Worth checking your battery terminals in case you have the same issue.

Good luck.
Did you have a buzzing noise?

Pedro

Reaction score
I had the P0087 code fuel rail / system pressure low fault. managed to limp home, parked the vehicle. Could hear a buzzing noise which first sounded as if it was coming from the boot. it was getting dark so decided to leave it until daylight the next day to inspect however the alarm was blaring as of 11pm that night.

Checked the battery with a multi meter and it was flat. Disconnected the battery, recharged overnight. Reconnect the battery then there was a weird buzzing noise coming from near the hpfp this again flattened the battery.

Removed hpfp, sent to the guy on ebay to refurb, recharged the battery again while the pump was away. upon receiving the pump back, refit everything, battery too. Car started then went dead.

Decided to replace the battery as im sure its the original off 2010. Replace with a new £91 battery from eurocarparts. Now the car has electrical power (windows, locks etc but wont start the engine. I noticed the was now a weird buzzing noise coming from the drivers door or passenger door when open and also the seatbelt lights near the map reading lights all flashing on off.

I am at my wits end with this and have spent over £2500 since purchase on full engine rebuild, new clutch, thermostat housing, and now fuel pump refurb and new battery.

I did notice a few weeks ago the drivers side puddle light was cracked and hanging out. upon inspection and disconnection the connector is rusty.

any advice please?
Hi mate I forgot to ask you to check if there is any buzzing coming from the fuse box especially the main relays let us know how its going so far

BeefyBalls

Reaction score
Just home from the boys football, will be 3pm before I start anything. Will let you know. Yeah previous the buzzing has been in the relays but now seems to be in the doors and near the fuel tank.

BeefyBalls

Reaction score
Hi pedro

done the bsi reset, no change. The buzzing or clicking noise seems to be coming from the engine, either the fuel pump thats just been refurbed or the back of the engine under the airbox.

when i done the bsi it wouldnt tick over and just got a loud 3 click sound when trying to start

Pedro

Reaction score
The clicks may be the starter motor inertia ? If you have a long screwdriver place the tip on the fuel pump & hold it to your ear see if you hear anything like a humming or buzzing