What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fan Problem

tabpops

Reaction score
I've had my RCZ for almost 5yrs now. All that time I've had problems with the fan, not only staying on, but coming on from the moment I turn the ignition on. This obviously drains the battery and so to overcome it, I removed the fuse. Unless I was stuck in a queue of traffic on a hot summers day, this didn't pose any problems other than the fact that the AC didn't work. Along the way I've taken the car into various garages to have the problem diagnosed. I've ended up paying for various new parts being fitted but none have cured my problem, only very temporarily. Within hours of paying for the new part to be fitted, the problem returns. I'd almost given up. But, as a last resort, I thought I'd renew the ignition coils, despite the fact that my old coils weren't showing up any error codes. However, when I removed them, I noticed they were showing signs of surface corrosion. After fitting the new ones, I went through the car reboot procedure where you disconnect the battery etc. Since then (and it's only been a few days) my fan problem seems to have disappeared. Not coming on when I turn my ignition key and not staying on when I reach my destination. Anyone with the same problem, I recommend trying this out first before wasting a lot of money going in and out of garages as I have done over the last 5yrs.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I am sure that it will help other RCZers out...
I did look at a red carbon Hdi and that had the same problem. Garage said that it was normal just to get the sale so I walked away..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co