What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fan on full blast when engine is cold?

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guys, when I start my RCZ the fan kicks in full blast. Then the fan keeps ruining after I stop the car for about 5-10 mins. It is full blast and even happens when I just drive around the corner and the engine is not hot? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just to add it drives fine and seems to have normal power etc. just the fan is full blast.
cheers Bob.

Rcz cav

Reaction score
try resetting the BSI.....mine did this a cpl of times and cured the problem.....having said that also experienced the same when the battery was on its way out.......known problem on RCZ's that a failing battery can throw up some spurious problems

Pedro

Reaction score
Temp sensor -Fan module-might be possibilities the fan is triggered as the ECU could be getting incorrect temp signals that the engine is getting to hot & the fan goes full blast even after starting the car?

BobM

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. So what would be the next move? Is there a way of testing these and finding which one is the issue?

cheers.

BobM

Reaction score
try resetting the BSI.....mine did this a cpl of times and cured the problem.....having said that also experienced the same when the battery was on its way out.......known problem on RCZ's that a failing battery can throw up some spurious problems
I woke up this morning and the car would not start. Was fine with a jump start so I think the battery m,ay be the issue. I will swap it out and let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again the the help.

BobM

Reaction score
So i changed the battery today at halfords and then the engine management light came on. Fan still full blast but starting and driving fine. So i took it home and used my cheap obdII reader I have and it found three codes P0562 System voltage blow twice? And P2279 air intake system leak. I cleared these then it said all clear and fan went off. Seems to be fine now no fan kicking ETC. Are these codes important things I must get sorted? Or is that ok?

Thanks again for all the help guys much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2805.PNG
    IMG_2805.PNG
    122.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2806.PNG
    IMG_2806.PNG
    120.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2807.PNG
    IMG_2807.PNG
    120.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2808.PNG
    IMG_2808.PNG
    120.7 KB · Views: 12

BobM

Reaction score
If it drives fine and no more issues or warnings I would say your sorted.
Thank you fingers crossed it stays ok. I will lift the boot and check the air intake incase something is loose ETC.

rc06bas

Reaction score
I found this on mine today. Ordered a new one. Had loads of insulation tape round it. Main intake for turbo. Check all pipes.

Attachments

• 20230716_095520.jpg
    20230716_095520.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 10

BobM

Reaction score
Yes i will definately do that. I willl give them a thourough going over tomroorw morning.

Mikefrank

Reaction score
I found this on mine today. Ordered a new one. Had loads of insulation tape round it. Main intake for turbo. Check all pipes.
Same happened to mine couple months ago..I did put a post up here on it..
I came across a company on eBay had a new one for roughly £20+….So didn’t break the bank simple to change and no problems since…

BobM

Reaction score
just an update guys it has been running fine since. I also found a loose pipe in the engine it is one that goes from the triangle box at the front right of the engine bay to the very back underneath another pipe above it. It is held on with a clip that was not "clicked if you know what i mean

rc06bas

Reaction score
My fault was the garage fitted the wrong version rocker cover. Pipe inlets are 3mm different dimensions. New one fitted now and no fan or engine light. New turbo hose and if drives so smoothly. Happy at last lol 😆

Mikefrank

Reaction score
My fault was the garage fitted the wrong version rocker cover. Pipe inlets are 3mm different dimensions. New one fitted now and no fan or engine light. New turbo hose and if drives so smoothly. Happy at last lol 😆
The 3mm difference is that on the air compressor housing?…There was a big difference in prices on them intake pipe’s probably due to different sizes.

rc06bas

Reaction score
It was on the breather pipes I think. It showed errors as soon as it was idling. My old/ correct cover didn't have a round part on the top left. Its like a tub. Hard to explain but its all OK since the correction

BobM

Reaction score
Mine still has an oil leak from somewhere and I think it needs the valve stem seals done too. Part of me wants to put it in and just get the whole thing done at once. Maybe get the rocker cover gasket done. Oil housing gaskets ETC. something like the vid linked below. What do you guys think?