What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Failed MOT RCZ R emissions

mitec

Reaction score
Hi,any suggestions ?fast idle test ;Lamdba sensor showing 1.707 fail! should be between 0.970 min 1.030 max according to MOT Tester .Filled up with E5 before test ?No fault codes showing.Car only covered 180mls in a year from previous test which its passed on emissions test thinking it maybe faulty Oxi sensor/air leak???what do you think?thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
Fuel/air ratio issue maybe if upstream Lambda sensor reading is above 1..00 then it may be a sign engines running lean if its lower scale then could mean too rich poss causes could be vac leak on the air intake side as it only takes a small leak to alter the emission readings

lfe

Reaction score
I think there may be an air entrance in the exhaust pipe, past the car's own lambda probes, that is, after the catalytic converter. Because if they were measuring 1.7 they would have already given some error code, besides the car would not work well with such an ultra lean mixture.

Lambda 1.7 means 70% excess air

mitec

Reaction score
Have just run a full diagnostic check with iCarsoft tool,no ;FR V2.0 no faults detected ,only low battery charge warning 11.8v Recharged battery re run test again no faults/warning.Do you think the problem of emissions is air leak exhaust/in take hoses.Would you expect the iCarsoft is show fault code if oxi / lamba sensor were faulty?thx

mitec

Reaction score
Update ...good news my RCZ -R has passed mot re test ,emission now reading 1.030, problem resolved by driving car on motorway at high speed thereby getting engine temp hot as poss.(lesson learnt!)Will need to use the car more in future as sitting in garage ,it appears to cause more problems,its been driven less than 600 "enjoyable " miles this year .Full service undertaken just need to change brake fluid and replace brake lines with braid hoses and she good to go ,subject to the stupid Welsh goverment proposed 20 MPH blanket ban in towns and cities!!

Pedro

Reaction score
Short runs are bad for these engines you get sludge/custard slicks around the cams this holds nasty condensates & its acidic so best belt the daylights out of it now & again as for the 20mph its & not just in Wales & if your caught speeding in the Zones fines can be a hefty £1000 issued by your friendly local council who will likely not offer speed awareness courses from what I can gather whether drivers will get points on the licence is another story so its pay the fine or pay the bailiffs ?

Last edited:

Flanners

Reaction score
who voted or asked for these 20mph zones, sure maybe around schools, shops, certain roads etc but blanket 20mph as in Wales it's a joke and has been proven elsewhere to not work, cause greater pollution etc l pick my daughter up from School which is in a 20mph it appears to most Mum's you double that and just drive like a twat over the humps too appears to have no effect whatsoever.....it seems it is just local f Councillor's with no mandate making it up as they go along and jumping on the supposed popular 'green and safety' bandwagon....we're sleep walking into an Orwellian State.

chrismac

Reaction score
North Cardiff (where I live) is one of these 20mph zones. I have no problem with there being a speed restriction near schools, or in densly populated housing estates but the extent to which the Welsh Government (and Cardiff City Council) is madness.

Congestion is up, delays are up, pollution up, Motorist frustation is up.

Makes perfect sence for a Marxist First Minister.

Rant over, Many thanks.

Pedro

Reaction score
who voted or asked for these 20mph zones, sure maybe around schools, shops, certain roads etc but blanket 20mph as in Wales it's a joke and has been proven elsewhere to not work, cause greater pollution etc l pick my daughter up from School which is in a 20mph it appears to most Mum's you double that and just drive like a twat over the humps too appears to have no effect whatsoever.....it seems it is just local f Councillor's with no mandate making it up as they go along and jumping on the supposed popular 'green and safety' bandwagon....we're sleep walking into an Orwellian State.
The Tory Govt turned over speed control restrictions to local council's & in a not too busy country road near us there are no less than 5 speed zones in under a mile because it leads to the multi Millionaire home owners country estates so is it a stealth tax on the working classes who are continually put to the sword by the Aristocrats running Britain?
I agree its needed in areas of danger like schools hospitals etc but funding Tory run councils with stealth taxes from the masses is about the norm for the Autocrats in pin striped suits masquerading as MPs