What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Facebook owners group get recognition

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw this post on instagram great write up for RCZ owners,
Shame there's not enough crossover from Facebook guys to Forum guys, maybe I'm behind the times but we don't all do Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_5541.JPG
    IMG_5541.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 5,569

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Re: Facebook owners group get recognition

That doesn't look like a bad turnout.
I'm sure you were here when the FB group was created and under what circumstances?

The FB group was originally made when a few old members didn't agree with a few running practices of this forum. I'm sure its all water under the bridge now though, and I know there are a few active guys on here are also in the FB group.

2retro

Reaction score

If the RCZ Owners Facebook Group wasn't a super secret, members only, closed group it might encourage more people to visit. But, yeah, whatever... lol

Abzynthe

Reaction score

2retro said:
If the RCZ Owners Facebook Group wasn't a super secret, members only, closed group it might encourage more people to visit. But, yeah, whatever... lol

A lot of clubs on FB are like that now though. It prevents quite a lot of spam accounts and profiles that look for peoples personal details.
I'm a moderator of a BMW club on FB, and the amount of profiles from India and China that try to join are unreal.

TAC

Reaction score

You can stick Facebook where the sun don't shine :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

Like a few of the older forum members, I am also in the FB RCZ Owners Group, but I admit that I very rarely use FB, and I do find the forum more my cup of tea.

As someone said, we all have the same basic interest at heart, and it would be nice if more “cross pollination” could take place, as there are things posted on one that aren’t posted on the other, so members of both are missing out on information that might be helpful.

Just a thought :eusa-think:

jr4070

Reaction score

I believe the write up is in the performance french car magazine this month. I was after a pic of my
R on the hill at The peugeot festival at Prescott Hill climb.. And Bingo one appears..

stewartwillsher

Reaction score

TAC said:
You can stick Facebook where the sun don't shine :lol:
I had a Facebook account or login or whatever, just so I could follow offered links, not needing to be really active on it.
Lo and behold it got hacked and I turned into an oriental gentleman in Hong Kong, photo and all.
I did as you suggested and scrubbed the account and stuck it where .....
Trouble is some of the younger members of the family and friends have their businesses on FB, so I have to tell them politely I don't follow their publications.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't do Facebook.
Joined up years ago, then lost interest.
Never been back. Rather use forums.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
I'm not a great Facebook user, but I am on there to help where I can, the same as on the forum.

The Facebook group seems to want nothing to do with the forum, even though due to the forum that's how they started.

As I'm on both there are useful post which I have pointed people to, usually pointing them to the forum as your can find the posts via the search, whereas you can't point to Facebook as non members will not see it.
A while ago there was a good post on Facebook with explanation of how to resolve a problem, I asked if I could share this on the forum and was told no, which I disagreed with and argued the point but respected their decision.
So Facebook users can see all the help on Facebook and forum, but forum users can only see forum posts.
Considering the group was setup to help all RCZ owners I think it's a poor showing from Facebook admin.
But the decision was made!

The forum is getting back to the way it was before the big hoohah went off, which is a good thing.

If I can help out and also have a few tongue in cheek comments as well, I'm happy!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score

tianorth said:
...The forum is getting back to the way it was before the big hoohah went off, which is a good thing....

Thats because Im back, coincidence? :cool:

TAC

Reaction score

I said:
I'm not a great Facebook user, but I am on there to help where I can, the same as on the forum.

The Facebook group seems to want nothing to do with the forum, even though due to the forum that's how they started.

As I'm on both there are useful post which I have pointed people to, usually pointing them to the forum as your can find the posts via the search, whereas you can't point to Facebook as non members will not see it.
A while ago there was a good post on Facebook with explanation of how to resolve a problem, I asked if I could share this on the forum and was told no, which I disagreed with and argued the point but respected their decision.
So Facebook users can see all the help on Facebook and forum, but forum users can only see forum posts.
Considering the group was setup to help all RCZ owners I think it's a poor showing from Facebook admin.

The forum is getting back to the way it was before the big hoohah went off, which is a good thing.

If I can help out and also have a few tongue in cheek comments as well, I'm happy!

I agree with a lot of what you have said at the Yorkshire meet a few years ago, I found a lot of clicky people which I later found out they were the Facebook group. :thumbdown:
The forum lot were completely different helpful and chatty as I found you to be Chris :thumbup:
PS who are the Facebook admin also what was the problem that needed resolving. :eusa-whistle: :lol:

TAC

Reaction score

Abzynthe said:
tianorth said:
...The forum is getting back to the way it was before the big hoohah went off, which is a good thing....

Thats because Im back, coincidence? :cool:

All hail our leader :mrgreen:

2retro

Reaction score

DKZ5745 said:
...who are the Facebook admin also what was the problem that needed resolving.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1iMJNYHe1I[/youtube]

Abzynthe

Reaction score

TAC said:
I said:

I agree with a lot of what you have said at the Yorkshire meet a few years ago, I found a lot of clicky people which I later found out they were the Facebook group. :thumbdown:
The forum lot were completely different helpful and chatty as I found you to be Chris :thumbup:
PS who are the Facebook admin also what was the problem that needed resolving. :eusa-whistle: :lol:

Im sure you have seen a few posts from a user called wrapper. He wasnt very popular. A few people disagreed on our decision not to ban him straight away as he was just annoying rather than a rule breaker.

The admins of the FB group are RCZ1 and a couple of others, I cant remember what their names are on here.

TAC

Reaction score

I found wrapper to be quite funny at times but he did rub some people up if I Remember right :thumbup:
Here is a quote from him Nobody likes me ,everybody hates me..i think ill go and eat worms. :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

2retro said:
DKZ5745 said:

Actually it was Tac that wrote that :crazy:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

Wrapper didn’t have an off switch, that was the problem. Everyone enjoys banter, and everyone has their own opinions, but if your banter or opinions are offensive you really shouldn’t be voicing them in a public forum.

I never had a problem with Wrapper, and actually agreed with some of his opinions, I too think the Mk2 Z is nicer looking than the Mk1, but where I differ is that I wouldn’t tell people they were wrong if they disagreed with me, and certainly not In the manner that Wrapper did. I also differ in that I think the Mk1 is still a beautiful car.

There was ample opportunity for Wrapper to rein it in a little & had that happened we would still be “enjoying” those comments on here now.

Anyway, a thoroughly nice bunch on here now, oh & 2retro too. ;)

TAC

Reaction score

DKZ5745 said:
2retro said:
DKZ5745 said:

Actually it was Tac that wrote that :crazy:

He is getting old and losing the plot ;)

tianorth

Reaction score

I remember when he tried to have a go at me.......

Never said anything about me after that

Anyway it good that the forum is getting back to how it use to be - a friendly and helpful place.