What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Exhaust Needed

A

Anonymous

Car was in the Main Stealers last week to have the temp sensor recall done (in fact they didn't do it as it has already has the modified part fitted). Part of the service was a free inspection which was all green apart from 'Exhaust mountings perished/broken & large hole in exhaust'

Can't say I've heard the results of this 'large hole' but suppose I should get it sorted.

Any recommendations for a decent system at a decent price... preferably fitted somewhere in the North or England?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Tony Banks in Leeds does a mean quad system, but it is £399 fitted. I WANT ONE :brickwall:

A

Anonymous

Saw that on eBay... quite tempted, but it depends on the price difference between that and a straight replacement.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have seen & heard these in the flesh at the Yorkshire Meet, they do seem to be worth every penny. I don't know how much a straight replacement would be, but I would imagine it's considerably cheaper, as I have also seen other quad systems cheaper elsewhere.

I know if I needed a replacement where I would be headed, but I can't justify spending that much on something I know I simply don't need. (Having said that my OH would still take a lot of persuading).

It really all depends whether you are quad fan or not. :eusa-think:

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
...I can't justify spending that much on something I know I simply don't need.
Most of the stuff we buy we don't really need but YOLO, my friend, YOLO!!! ;)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Uter single/twin exit replacement back box £160 delivered on flea bay but there's still the fitting cost. I like the chunky look of the original tailpipe though :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
2retro said:
DKZ5745 said:
...I can't justify spending that much on something I know I simply don't need.
Most of the stuff we buy we don't really need but YOLO, my friend, YOLO!!! ;)

You have clearly not met my wife :eusa-whistle:

Btw, I just realised I broke the 2K posts :dance:

A

Anonymous

£400 seems quite reasonable... At least SWMBO didn't freak out when I threw it past her last night :dance:

I need to find this 'Large Hole' though, certainly can't hear anything blowing which is very strange.

A

Anonymous

I like the look of the Tony Banks one but car is only a year old so don't want Peugeot wriggling out of any warranty claims if I start fitting non Peugeot parts :(

DKZ5745

Reaction score
craigdm said:
£400 seems quite reasonable... At least SWMBO didn't freak out when I threw it past her last night :dance:

I need to find this 'Large Hole' though, certainly can't hear anything blowing which is very strange.

Knowing the efficiency of Pug dealers, it's probably the large round one at the rear :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Jaggs said:
I like the look of the Tony Banks one but car is only a year old so don't want Peugeot wriggling out of any warranty claims if I start fitting non Peugeot parts :(

The only thing it would affect as far as warranty is concerned is anything from the fitted part back, so if you had a custom/non OEM exhaust fitted, it should only really affect that part.
I think I have read on this forum some time ago that people have checked with their dealer, and that is what they have been told, but it's probably always best to check yourself before you do anything if that nature.

A

Anonymous

Tony Banks is just down the road from me, I'm tempted but just don't trust the pug dealers unless of course they'd put it in writing, need to find myself a dealer for servicing as it won't be going anywhere near the cowboy dealers that supplied it.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could email Pug UK & then you would have the reply in writing :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
craigdm said:

Take it to kwik-fit get it up on their 4 poster and see what they say, if they find a small hole they will want to replace it and you can ask where it is. They should also show you.

Make sure they use a 4 post lift by reminding the about the crap jacking points.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
If you are looking for the factory quad-tip system, you or your dealership can contact me as I sell these along with other systems.