What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Exhaust Heat

A

Anonymous

Hi to you RCZ'ers,

I have found that the Boot area floor panel gets very warm , even after a short journey. The heat from the Rear silencer is obviously quite hot, but it seems that possibly more effective insulation could have been fitted to allay this issue.
When I buy frozen food from the supermarket, I can assure my readers that it is de-frosted somewhat by the time I get home.
Has anyone else noticed this heat transfer issue ?

Mevans

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Thanks for that another reason for me not to do the shopping on the way home.

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:
Hi to you RCZ'ers,

I have found that the Boot area floor panel gets very warm , even after a short journey. The heat from the Rear silencer is obviously quite hot, but it seems that possibly more effective insulation could have been fitted to allay this issue.
When I buy frozen food from the supermarket, I can assure my readers that it is de-frosted somewhat by the time I get home.
Has anyone else noticed this heat transfer issue ?

Mevans

You could get an extra /thicker bootmat :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Isnt that a case of hiding the symptons rather than erradicating the disease.........................sensible comments please.
Mevans

FGRob

Reaction score
Is it just one side of the boot floor - on the left, I can't see how you would get heat where the tyre well is.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Just wondering if a spare wheel might've absorbed/reflected some of that heat (although sounds pretty far fetched to me). But I did think that the entire exhaust tunnel on the car underside was supposed to be heat shielded?

FGRob

Reaction score
khatkar said:
Just wondering if a spare wheel might've absorbed/reflected some of that heat (although sounds pretty far fetched to me). But I did think that the entire exhaust tunnel on the car underside was supposed to be heat shielded?
We have no spare wheel, it's just got tools (I use this term with tongue in cheek) :lol: in there and the pump.

A

Anonymous

Take the carpet out, chuck a few burgers in and ...... I'll get me coat :lol:

FGRob

Reaction score
Checked the car this morning after my normal mixed traffic - 8 mile drive, stone cold, no chance of a cooked breakfast :lol: :lol:
So if I was you I would take it back to get it checked, it does not sound right to me. Is your's petrol or diesel.

Rob.