What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Excited Newbie!

A

Anonymous

Hello,

My RCZ (Nera Black) has just been ordered today and as a long time admirer of the RCZ I am extremely excited! It is my second car ever (I currently have a Mini which I do really love). My main question is simply about my iPhone. I always listen to it through my Mini and it's great but I can only change track by doing so on the phone itself. Is this also the case in the RCZ or can I change it through the car?

I've been reading stuff about saving music in the car and listening through Bluetooth which I don't quite understand - in my mini I just use a cable and plug in!

Anyway. I'm enjoying looking at other people's RCZ pics and seeing what they have to say so thanks for the great forum I guess!

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum Katie and congratulations on your wonderful new motor! I know you're going to fall in love with her...!!! :grin: What model and spec did you go for? Have you fitted any options?

As for your question, you can stream music wirelessly through your car. Essentially, you'll just cycle through your auxiliary connections until you come across it. It goes radio - CD - aux/wireless connection if I recall correctly. You can change music tracks etc using the steering wheel mounted controls or those at the stereo. Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

If you have ordered the RCZ with the Sat Nav and Media System (flip up screen), you cannot stream music via bluetooth. I was gutted about this when I realised, but have adapted and just copy all my songs onto the internal hard drive now.

If you haven't ordered the above, you are fine as mrizzle says :dance:

A

Anonymous

Great! Thanks! No I have not ordered the sat nav stuff so that's good! :D
And this is where I embarrass myself with a rubbish technical knowledge of cars but all I know is mine will be a petrol, manual, 1.6 engine, with 19" sortilege alloys (silver), and it's Nera Black with the standard silver roof arches, and cloth seats with interior sports kit...and it's getting front parking sensors and the best Bluetooth kit available.

:)

A

Anonymous

:thumbup: :text-welcomewave: hello Katie sorry for being rude :crazy:

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
:thumbup: :text-welcomewave: :text-worthless:
Give the girl a chance man. After all, she has only just ordered it :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Katie1811 said:
And this is where I embarrass myself with a rubbish technical knowledge of cars but all I know is mine will be a petrol, manual, 1.6 engine, with 19" sortilege alloys (silver), and it's Nera Black with the standard silver roof arches, and cloth seats with interior sports kit...and it's getting front parking sensors and the best Bluetooth kit available.

Hi Katie, welcome to the forum :)

You will love the RCZ, take it from a fellow female RCZ owner ;)

I'm a bit confused when you say it has cloth seats because you only get cloth on the Sport model, which comes with 18 inch wheels, yet you seem to have a GT spec car. Is it the new facelifted model you are getting or the original RCZ?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
bigmac3161 said:
:thumbup: :text-welcomewave: :text-worthless:
Give the girl a chance man. After all, she has only just ordered it :lol:
Just thought I'd get in there before urself actually didn't read right thought she'd collected today sorry newbie :wave:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Katie1811 said:

I'm a bit confused when you say it has cloth seats because you only get cloth on the Sport model, which comes with 18 inch wheels, yet you seem to have a GT spec car. Is it the new facelifted model you are getting or the original RCZ?

Awesome thanks! Well by cloth I just mean not leather...Mines is sport not GT and it is the face lifted model. It's definitely not leather though! I mean the seats are cloth but it's leather steering wheel, gear stick etc etc.

Does that help at all? :D

A

Anonymous

Hi Katie1811 when do expect to take delivery of your new toy :wave:

A

Anonymous

Steven007 said:
Hi Katie1811 when do expect to take delivery of your new toy :wave:
12 weeks or thereabouts... I dont know if I can stand the excitement! ;);)

A

Anonymous

OMG you will never sleep. What a long 12 weeks your going to have :sleeping-yellow:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Katie1811 said:
RCZ1 said:
Katie1811 said:

Awesome thanks! Well by cloth I just mean not leather...Mines is sport not GT and it is the face lifted model. It's definitely not leather though! I mean the seats are cloth but it's leather steering wheel, gear stick etc etc.

Does that help at all? :D

Hi Katie

Yes that's clear but are you sure about the alloys? Usually 18 inch on Sport model. I currently have the Sport model and I ordered the facelifted Sport model in January, which is scheduled for delivery April time. I'll have the same alloys again, as you only get the one choice of design on the Sport. Apart from that little gripe, the car is great, hence my order of a second one :)

I look forward to seeing some pics when yours arrives. The wait will be worth it :)

A

Anonymous

Hi Katy and welcome! A fellow black owner! Can't wait for mine either!

richard.au

Reaction score
Hi Katie1811,

Nice to see your are getting an RCZ.. great car.

As for the audio/iphone situation, you do have a couple of options.

Like myself, you don't have sat/nav.. in my opinion that's preferred.

Using the Bluetooth is good, but best left for phone calls only, I find the errors that creep in over wireless for songs really detracts from the sound. It certainly can work if needed, but tempo changes and skipping can occur.. my ears certainly pick it up, along with the narrow audio spectrum.

You can also do a direct headphone connection, but that wont charge the phone and you still have to use the phone shuttle controls.

The best option I've found is to get a 4/8GB usb stick and copy hi-quality (196kps if possible, at least) mp3 versions of the songs over. Then stick the usb into the car console. (Hint, get a small stick, or a cable, else it does protrude).

You can then set the car audio system for USB and maybe random. Full control is available on the right hand control stick.

It works like a treat. My only gripe with it is the randomiser is not very random (not enough for me). The iphone randomiser is far superior, but you can't use it when using usb.

So, three ways to do it. The last is the best, in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

Greetings and welcome, awesome forum and an even better car to own :grin: