What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Even more about Arches...Think I've cracked it !!!

Reaction score
My new RCZ is 5 years old. One lady owner who doesn't seem to have touched the arches in all that time. I was dreading having to restore the horrible water marks.
Before investing in fancy cleaning stuff, I had a rummage and came up with a bottle of Autoglym Bumper Care

Fantastic... five minutes a side and job done.
I finished off with a coat of Autoglym Gloss protection in the hopes of warding off future water stains. Fingers crossed !!!

Has anyone made a permanent fix by lacquering. There are some great colourless DIY lacquers around...Holts or CarPlan

Whilst I had the cloth in my hand I made a quick wizz over the black plastic stuff...Good job !

Cheers
Rob

Attachments

• Bumper_Care_z.jpg
    Bumper_Care_z.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 13

Pedro

Reaction score
I don't think Lacquering would adhere to the surface properly as the Arches are highly buffed /polished Anodised Aluminium & may have a coating already applied you may have to try & key the surface which is I would suspect very difficult it is probably best to sound out a body shop job to check if its possible

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just got my hands on a couple of chrome arches and they are going into the spray shop and having them sprayed piano black gloss to match the colour of the roof. These are to replace the black ones on the wife's car then the problem is solved keeping the chrome arches on my car what I do is use bottle water to rinse off the arches and windows this has stopped these water marks and dried off with cloth...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Reaction score
I guess the bottled water has less pollutants. Its been chucking it down all day. I'll see what occurs. Im hoping the gloss protection might help.