What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ESP ASR ABS FAULTY ...only had car 4 weeks

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Had car 4 weeks , first an oil leak and now this...the dealer it came from has not run away, sorted the oil leak and has asked me to pop car to them to get it looked at again.
Love the car but its a little frustrating. I realise its 10 years old.
Does anyone else have this kind of experience with their cars or am I just unlucky...

Attachments

• 20201103_155842.jpg
    20201103_155842.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 19

Flanners

Reaction score
Like any car they have their probs/issues and require £££'s to be spent, 10 years old and what mileage? Don't forget people chop in cars when they start to misbehave or require maintenance to keep them tip top and some owners don't have the passion you do and neglect them. At least it's going wrong at a time when the dealer can pay to put it right! Of all the cars I own and have had the RCZ has been the one that has required the biggest amount of repair in the shortest space of time......thankfully the £3.5-4K has been paid by Peugeot Warranty. Has put me off buying 2nd hand newer cars for sure unless a Manufacturer's warranty was included. bought the R instead of the Cayman given all the horror stories I read about the issues they can have.

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Like any car they have their probs/issues and require £££'s to be spent, 10 years old and what mileage? Don't forget people chop in cars when they start to misbehave or require maintenance to keep them tip top and some owners don't have the passion you do and neglect them. At least it's going wrong at a time when the dealer can pay to put it right! Of all the cars I own and have had the RCZ has been the one that has required the biggest amount of repair in the shortest space of time......thankfully the £3.5-4K has been paid by Peugeot Warranty. Has put me off buying 2nd hand newer cars for sure unless a Manufacturer's warranty was included. bought the R instead of the Cayman given all the horror stories I read about the issues they can have.
Yes...wise words. I guess the dealer is being good so far and have behaved decently.
It's on about 60000 and had a full dealer history up to 2 years ago and then I guess wasn't looked after so well.
Its frustrating but I have never bought a used car before as fortunate enough to have had new cars through work so possibly not encountered these problems.
Fingers crossed its sorted and for a while that's it...he says...saying a prayer and crossing his toes as well...
Thanks

Flanners

Reaction score
I have never had a new car!

So I'm used to maintenance and spending....goes with the territory, always something to do or sort, part of the hobby/passion.

All will be sorted by the dealer I'm sure.

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
I have never had a new car!

So I'm used to maintenance and spending....goes with the territory, always something to do or sort, part of the hobby/passion.

All will be sorted by the dealer I'm sure.
Thanks...I think you are spot on ... got to look at it as a hobby / passion.
Changed my mind set a little

vicsunus

Reaction score
I"m curious, what repairs did your RCZ require?

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
I"m curious, what repairs did your RCZ require?
It had to have the head gasket replaced and an o ring. Also the cv joint boots were worn and replaced. That's it apart from the latest warning lights.

Flanners

Reaction score
R with full dealer service history, 32K miles.....high pressure fuel pump, coil packs, two new front springs and a new clutch, dual mass flywheel etc over 18months all under Peugeot Warranty (just renewed it today). Even without Main Dealer prices that would be a fair whack. Still love the car though it's awesome and has great driver connection unlike most modern boxes.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Had car 4 weeks , first an oil leak and now this...the dealer it came from has not run away, sorted the oil leak and has asked me to pop car to them to get it looked at again.
Love the car but its a little frustrating. I realise its 10 years old.
Does anyone else have this kind of experience with their cars or am I just unlucky...
yes agree with the above
Buy any 10 year old car and you are likely to have to spend a few £ on it while working out why the last owner sold it.
The RCZ is a great looking car but the 1.6 prince engine has well documented problems so if its reliability guarantees you want then probably not the best buy out there