What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine warning light on only changed the air filter

Cathy

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here.. Hopefully find a kind person who can help me.. I have a rcz 156 petrol.. Recently changed the air filter and now the engine warning light is on and it rubbish to start up.. It doesn't cut out but driving me nuts.. Everything seems to have gone back together OK.. Any ideas Pleeeeaaase

Woodso

Reaction score
Double check that everything is correct. Is the lid fully secured and the clips on the rear in place? If so you may need to check that the filter is seated correctly. It could be something as simple as that if, you did not have the problem before you changed the filter.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Did you plug in the air mass flow sensor after reassembly?

Cathy

Reaction score
Double check that everything is correct. Is the lid fully secured and the clips on the rear in place? If so you may need to check reply. that the filter is seated correctly. It could be something as simple as that if, you did not have the problem before you changed the filter.
Hi woodso
Thanks for your reply. No no problems before at all. Before I plugged the two way connector into the airflow pipe. Noticed oil so wiped both ends sprayed with iso electric cleaner. Plugged it in.. Drove fine at first drove a mile. Stopped on second switch on came on after judder.. Just been to a garage. He plugged it in said it gives a ignition electric fault.???

Cathy

Reaction score
Is this it. Its the only thing I disconnected. It was really dirty got isopropyl spray and cotton buds cleaned it. But only after the light came on the dash.

Woodso

Reaction score
That looks a bit dodgy to me. Is the flex really covered in tape? It doesn't even look that the plug is fully home in the socket.

Cathy

Reaction score
Yes that's how it was before. Covered in tape. Can't psh it in any further. Do you think it could be the connector. Is that the airflow sensor?? Thank you so much for your help.

Cathy

Reaction score
I don't think the 156 has a MAF, so it has to be something else.
After spending far too long looking I think it's this : What is this sensor?
Ahh that's interesting. Thanks for spending time. Obviously it's not the reason my car struggles to start. Can stop looking myself. Been on the car for days. Booked in for Monday. Hopefully find out the mystery. Wish I'd left the air filter alone. 😬

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here.. Hopefully find a kind person who can help me.. I have a rcz 156 petrol.. Recently changed the air filter and now the engine warning light is on and it rubbish to start up.. It doesn't cut out but driving me nuts.. Everything seems to have gone back together OK.. Any ideas Pleeeeaaase
That big pipe supplies air the smaller one maybe what's termed as a "wet sensor" monitoring the oil vapors into the Turbo housing