What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Temperature Fault Sensor

A

Anonymous

Here it goes again! My Sep 2010 RCZ has started randomly turning on the engine temperature fault sensor with the "stop this car' message.
Whether its gently pulling out of the drive (a tight left-hander) or slighty revving as puling away from junctions the sensor keeps going off. Of course I'm out of warranty without an extension so quoted £100+ for a diagnostic check.

I've warned the garage that the cars been in at least four times when I lived in Essex - once in limp mode - and often after I'd had repair work or tyres replaced - can only assume the mechanics tested the revs ...! Each time there was nothing wrong. Local friendly mechanic has taken a look and found no issues so wait with bated breath as to what the dealer thinks - when they eventually get it in next week. Slow service here.

So I am now trying to get the Essex dealer to email to me the dates and conclusions so I can give it to the Hereford dealer ... kinda assuming that there is nothing wrong again just a Peugeot issue.

Here's hoping. Will keep you posted as I know this is a commonly posted problem.

A

Anonymous

Buy an obd2 bluetooth scanner they cost about a fiver and theres an app that can do diagnostics to check for fault codes. Its invaluable on a used car

A

Anonymous

Never heard of that before Figo! Sounds pretty cool. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Its a great wee tool had them for the MGs it also allows for a real time digital readout of every sensor so when mounted it turns your phone into a digital readout. Google Torque Pro.

A

Anonymous

That's brilliant ... have looked at Amazon and will get one. Thank you.

A

Anonymous

some of the various screens

A

Anonymous

So the Peugeot dealer has put in their diagnostic tool and it is a faulty temperature sensor which needs replacing; which is what I told them!

So that's £108 for diagnostic :thumbdown: , £45.73 for temperature sensor and ties plus unspecified amount for labour ... as it is not in warranty although it has been having this fault intermittently since purchased in 2010 the dealer has to follow process and charge me for it.

Not a happy bunny. Removing car from dealer and getting local mechanics to do the work. Rather support them if I've got to pay. Have posted on Peugeot UK direct messages on Facebook - no response in 48 hours.

A

Anonymous

If you have had it into a garage within your warranty period about the issue you may have a leg to stand on about getting money back but the likely hood is that you will be out of pocket.

hanswuk

Reaction score
Once out of warranty you should consider using independents if you have a good one nearby. You will often get a better service and at a cheaper price. The key is to find a good one!

A

Anonymous

Out of interest, where on earth is the OBDII port? I've looked in the usual places and couldn't spot it! I've got a cheapie U380 code reader plus bluetooth dongle & Torque App on my HTC One :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mistral_blue said:
Out of interest, where on earth is the OBDII port? I've looked in the usual places and couldn't spot it! I've got a cheapie U380 code reader plus Torque App on my HTC One :thumbup:
It's beneath the rubber tray in the centre console, beneath the ashtray. Simply lift this out and all will be revealed.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk