What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

engine temp

najeb123

Reaction score
Hello! recently ive been having some issues with my rcz... i was driving and suddenly the engine temp went all the way to redline and the fans went on full. Checked for leaks under car and engine, it was fine. Checked for error codes nothing either. Engine was not warm either..

Air con is blowing only cold air also. Took it to a mechanic and they said its fine, nothing leaking, But its obviously not. Gonna check with another mechanic shop.

Any one who had the same problem?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Temp sensor failures are common it should just be that 👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it is an easy job don’t have the part number but a search on eBay will sort that out 👍

najeb123

Reaction score
I believe it is an easy job don’t have the part number but a search on eBay will sort that out 👍
I ended up changing the temp sensor but that was not the problem.. Gonna try and change the termostat and see if it will solve the issue👍

Mikefranky

Reaction score
I ended up changing the temp sensor but that was not the problem.. Gonna try and change the termostat and see if it will solve the issue👍
I changed mine a few weeks ago I put a post up on here in getting the right thermostat as there is different variants
There’s a bleed nipple right behind the thermostat on the hoses going through the bulkhead undo the nipple as I had a airlock there which can sometimes be a nightmare to get rid of......it’s a fiddly job but can be done.....best of luck.

najeb123

Reaction score
I changed mine a few weeks ago I put a post up on here in getting the right thermostat as there is different variants
There’s a bleed nipple right behind the thermostat on the hoses going through the bulkhead undo the nipple as I had a airlock there which can sometimes be a nightmare to get rid of......it’s a fiddly job but can be done.....best of luck.
Thanks alot bro! im gonna tell the mechanics about this! :) was the problem you had the same as mine? was it the thermostat that was the problem or air lock?

Mikefranky

Reaction score
Basically cold heaters even when fully warmed up ( Temp gauge always good sat at halfway) the old thermostat probably been on since new so we changed it....A lot of comments on here blame the matrix for cold heaters but to be honest not a lot can go wrong with them and what you don’t realise you probably getting rid of the airlock by changing the matrix..
Couple of Peugeot mechanics pointed out to me the bleed nipple on the hose going to the matrix..worked for me .

najeb123

Reaction score
Basically cold heaters even when fully warmed up ( Temp gauge always good sat at halfway) the old thermostat probably been on since new so we changed it....A lot of comments on here blame the matrix for cold heaters but to be honest not a lot can go wrong with them and what you don’t realise you probably getting rid of the airlock by changing the matrix..
Couple of Peugeot mechanics pointed out to me the bleed nipple on the hose going to the matrix..worked for me .
Thank you for all the info, appriciate it. I have my car booked in next week to change the thermostat and flush the whole system. Fingers crossed it solves the problem 👍