What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine spraying oil on top of the engine

FGRob

Reaction score
Well just doing my final prep for when I swop the car this week, notice oil on the top of the engine around the coil packs (sparkplugs), I did spray WD40 around there a few months back and thought it was that, cleaned it off yesterday but when I arrived at work it was covered again, can't see anything obvious but it looks like it's coming from under the silver trim panel - I can't get it to the garage, mainly because I don't trust them, so I'm going to have to let it go as is - suggest people keep an eye just in case it's a common problem which may develop over time - done 13,000 miles and it's a 156 petrol. :wtf: :!:

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Rob, I have the same engine, so will keep an eye on things.

Just what you need in its last week :thumbdown:

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Thanks for the heads up Rob, I have the same engine, so will keep an eye on things.

Just what you need in its last week :thumbdown:
I think it's something to do with the breathing system, but It's going today as I've just had a call from the garage. :oops: :oops:

A

Anonymous

so what are you changing into?? You might have already mentioned it,,, but i dont think i have read it

FGRob

Reaction score
manelin said:
so what are you changing into?? You might have already mentioned it,,, but i dont think i have read it
Sorry didn't see this, I've changed to a Mini Countryman All4 Cooper Diesel, gone for the practical side plus economy with the added bonus of 4 wheel drive. Drives well - looks different :eusa-think: , get's some funny looks :crazy: - hey but I'm use to that :dance: , it does 57 mpg to and from work. so we will see if Mini can screw this up :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: Mind you I have had one before and the dealership were pretty good :cool:

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've seen a few of these on the road now and they do catch your eye, even if it's only for the sheer size of it. Saw one parked next to a "normal" mini and it looked so huge. All the ones I've seen have been White, what colour have you gone for Rob?

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
I've seen a few of these on the road now and they do catch your eye, even if it's only for the sheer size of it. Saw one parked next to a "normal" mini and it looked so huge. All the ones I've seen have been White, what colour have you gone for Rob?
All black including the wheels - my normal choice to be honest, it's got a lot of room in it which is one of the reasons I went for it plus the 4 wheel drive. It's never going to replace the RCZ for looks but it's a fair compromise taking all things into consideration.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I hope you enjoy it Rob and in particular that the dealers are able to look after it, way better than they id your RCZ.

HAPPY MOTORING :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

hope u enjoy it! Maybe fire up some snaps of the beastie too ;)

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem (a little bit of oil haze on right side of cam cover from breather pipe) since I bought my car (brand new). My garage told me that this is normal and there is nothign to worry about.

A

Anonymous

12500 miles 156 petrol, virtually identical problem, I took it the garage for its 2 year service and they replaced the breather [i[e straight away

A

Anonymous

Classic problem with the THP engine. Oil mist from the PCV pipe. It either leaks from the breather pipe onto the top of your engine, or gets into the inlet manifold and causes detonation that screws up your engine. Welcome to the joys of THP ownership.

A

Anonymous

hi

my 156 gt had the same problem and i booked into peugeot about 8 months ago and its not happened since....they fitted a modified part and were well aware of the issue.

Evans Halshaw Peugeot in Wakefield (incase the dealers dont beleive you)

hope this helps?

M