What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine sound system

hubcaps

Reaction score
Is it possible to reduce or eliminate the sound from the airbox on the 200?

A

Anonymous

For the former, turn up your stereo. ;) Sorry, i realise that isn't particularly helpful but there is no solution to this that I'm aware of I'm afraid but perhaps someone else knows differently. :eusa-think: Anyone?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I was told by the dealer that I bought Ruby from (one of the Technicians) that it could be removed. It's a case of removing a small pipe I was told. When I was speccing Ruby I was in two minds whether to get the Sports pack (which included the engine acoustic) as I thought the sound would be too loud for my Mum, who never liked going above 30mph, as it was too fast.

A

Anonymous

Re: AW: Engine sound system

Yes, it's possible. I'll tell you how when I'm back in civilisation with a decent internet connection.

Sent from my mobile...

A

Anonymous

Was driving the RCZ this weekend after not having driven it in about a month. Got on to the highway and cranked it... was shocked actually at how loud this car is at full throttle! looking forward to the how-to tom. Think the Mrs will appreciate a slightly more quite RCZ.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
You're leaving Germany TomC? ;)
bigmac3161 said:

Nope, fortunately the times are over when we Germans made friends with our Eastern neighbours by invading them :mrgreen:

As for the little Howto, when you open the bonnet there's a black, U-shaped pipe on the left side, right to the coolant reservoir.

You have to remove the 2 screws and a hose clamp which hold it in place.

Inside are 2 little chambers. Fill one (less sound) or both (sound completely off) with foam and seal it with some tape, see photos (not mine, but they get you an idea of how it's done).

Attachments

• 1-small.jpg
    1-small.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,907
  • 2-small.jpg
    2-small.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 1,906
A

Anonymous

TomC said:
mrizzle said:
You're leaving Germany TomC? ;)
bigmac3161 said:

Nope, fortunately the times are over when we Germans made friends with our Eastern neighbours by invading them :mrgreen:

As for the little Howto, when you open the bonnet there's a black, U-shaped pipe on the left side, right to the coolant reservoir.

You have to remove the 2 screws and a hose clamp which hold it in place.

Inside are 2 little chambers. Fill one (less sound) or both (sound completely off) with foam and seal it with some tape, see photos (not mine, but they get you an idea of how it's done).

Are there any negatives to this other than it removing the sound?

A

Anonymous

So i checked on mine, the pipe that leads into the cabin has some sponge on the cabin side of the pipe. So i crammed the side of the pipe that connects to the cabin full of sponge and reconnected the pipe... Does this pipe suck in any air? If it does, i will have to tape my tips shut too...

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Are there any negatives to this other than it removing the sound?

Not that I know of.
The guy over at the Germany RCZ forum from whom I got the photos even got his (ex-demo-) car delivered like this, the blue tape is labeled "Peugeot" in different languages :lol:

I guess the dealer wanted one quiet demo car to show the difference. Or something else...

A

Anonymous

My brother said he heard blocking it increases boost a bit. What do you think?