What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

engine problem

paddickp

Reaction score
I have just had the water pump pipe replaced (the big plastic one at the rear of the engine) as it was leaking. Before this was replaced i had no problems with the car no rattles when it started, but now when it starts it rattles a bit which disappears after a couple of seconds. Also when i got the car back it very sluggish with no exceleration . I asked them to have a look & when they investigated further it was noticed that they failed to re connect the turbo vacuum pipes & plugs so the turbo wasn't working, when that was done it then was driving fine.
Yesterday i had the oil & filter changed to see if this fixed the first start ratte. But on my way home last night i got caught in bad traffic which took me 2 & a half hours to do a 20 minute journey. The car was running fine all the way with no problems, then the engine management light came on & said engine fault & a triangle with a i in the centre. The car now runs in limp mode & fan stays on, I switched off the engine when i wasn't moving luckily i only had about 1 mile to go.
When i started it this morning the fan starts immediately & engine light is still on & in limp mode (well i think its limp mode ie runs like a bag of s##t).
Has anybody got any ideas where my problems lies???

Flanners

Reaction score
Without being pedantic...the garage who undertook the work on your car

Pedro

Reaction score
Peugeot by me leaves them overnight after coolant jobs they say gravity does the rest as for your other problems ask the garage did they disconnect the battery ?