What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine price difference

A

Anonymous

After reading alot of posts ( love this forum ) I see alot of people
have the 156 engine , due to the price difference , just to let you
know in Australia , all 3 engines are exactly the same price. No matter
which one you choose , plus we don't have cloth seats , leather is standard ,
only a full leather dash is an upgrade . The base price is $ 61,000 Aus dollars.
That's with the 200 BHP engine.
I pimped my RCZ up with directional headlights , JBL stereo and 19" rims
and the total came out to $ 64,450. altot cheaper than a base model
Audi TT , and let's face it , this car is 10 times more sexy !!!!
So how does the 156 perform ???? Do you still find it moves fast
enough ????

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi RCZ007

I have the 156 engine. I haven't driven the 200bhp engine so I'm not in a position to compare the two engines. All I can say is that
0-60 in 7.9 seconds is ample enough for me, not that you get much chance to do that these days with the amount of traffic that is on the roads. It has plenty of torque and has good pulling power in any gear. I've found in this car that I don't always change up gear as I have so much power on tap, I forget what gear I'm in and realise that I'm doing 40+ in 2nd gear :shock: I'm getting more used to it now but still do it from time to time.

It's good that in Australia you don't have to pay any extra for the different sized engines. The fact that leather is standard too - I think its something that Peugeot should consider doing here too. Although I did get mine re-trimmed, which I'm really pleased with but I do think that a sporty car should have leather as standard, whatever the model.

A

Anonymous

I thought that in Australia you can only get the following:

156 THP Auto (115kw)
200 THP (147kw)
2.0 HDI

They dont get a 156 manual and this is why they are all the same price.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

RCZ007 said:
and the total came out to $ 64,450.

Wow thats £10k more than the UK price!

A

Anonymous

For me it wasn't specifically the engine power that sold the THP200 to me but it was the combination of the extra power, the upgraded suspension and braking components and the smaller steering wheel and tighter gear shift.

A

Anonymous

khatkar said:
RCZ007 said:
and the total came out to $ 64,450.

Wow thats £10k more than the UK price!

Yeah, but that's drive away price which is what dealers have to quote in Australia now (ie incl stamp duty, on raod costs etc. List price is $54,900. At the moment that's about 34,000 pounds so the boat trip is expensive. Not so long ago however 25,000 pounds was worth over $50,000 aussie dollars. What's happened here is that since the car was released, the aussie dollar has shot up in value (a few weeks ago it was worth more than a US dollar and about 66p. Dealers haven't brought the price down as it will kill the residual value of all the used pugs out there. Bummer really

A

Anonymous

In Chile the pricing and engine type is as follows:

156 Manual 18" Rims, full leather interior, standard steering wheel and gear lever and regular brake calipers $19.990.000 (equivalent to £26,576)
156 Auto with the rest as above $21.990.000 (equivalent to £29,235)
200 Manual with the rest as above $23.990.000 (equivalent to £31,894)
200 Manual with 19" Rims, full leather interior, jbl sound, smaller steering wheel and gear lever and black brake calipers $24.990.000 (equivalent to £33,224)