What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine oil

Digger

Reaction score
Given that when I purchased oil for my Peugeot diesel 20 plate GT LINE it was ow20 total confusion mounting

Flanners

Reaction score
Given that when I purchased oil for my Peugeot diesel 20 plate GT LINE it was ow20 total confusion mounting
20 plate diesel so not an RCZ then?

More modern diesel engines can use thinner oil as far as I am aware not sure if this is the case for the diesel engine in the RCZ I dont have a diesel RCZ

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
I stuck the Quartz 9000 5w30 NFC5 in my eldest sons Focus ST & he reckons it runs better + smother from the cold start I said it was great stuff !
funny old world innit :oops::ROFLMAO:

M19YEA

Reaction score
My trusted garage have used 0w20 on my 65 plate RCZ so surely they must believe it’s ok.
I haven’t got around to asking them why as yet. I don’t do mega miles so I’m not overly concerned. I always check the level and it will be changed every year 🙂

Pedro

Reaction score
Don't worry about it as long as it changed regularly & your not travelling a great deal its fine at the end of the day its the owners choices to preserve his engine's life all I will add is never take anything a garage tells you at face value as probably untold numbers of garages use thin oils I know my mate's garage does on services because he buys it in bulk cheap as chips

Claret63

Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to run anything other than the quartz ineo oil in mine, lots of good information in this thread, especially with the mention of shear and cst with regard to oils.

I read up on a lot of the above many years ago which led me to running Mobil oils in a lot of my cars, because the resistance to shear and the cst were good at high temperatures.

The prince engine though seems a very picky engine when it comes to oil, so I wouldn’t want to risk running after market, as they may not contain the right detergent or cocktail for my engine.

Digger

Reaction score
Confusion lessened and thank you. So ok to continue with ow20

M19YEA

Reaction score
Don't worry about it as long as it changed regularly & your not travelling a great deal its fine at the end of the day its the owners choices to preserve his engine's life all I will add is never take anything a garage tells you at face value as probably untold numbers of garages use thin oils I know my mate's garage does on services because he buys it in bulk cheap as chips
Yeah that makes a lot of sense garages buying in bulk and probably getting discount.
I often buy my own parts for them to fit so I’ll get some total quartz ineo 0w30 on next service but thanks for confirming.

lfe

Reaction score
The THP engine spoils the oil quite quickly, with a few thousand km you rub the oil on the dipstick between your fingers and it feels inconsistent, little lubricant and smells toasted, it should be the high temperatures of the turbo that spoils it.

Of course changing it every 30,000 km as the manual says is outrageous, you have to change it more frequently. Me every 8000km