What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine oil

Le55

Reaction score
Hey guys.....newbie here, I need to ask something, it might sound dumb but here goes. I have just put my car in the garage because the engine light came on last week. The mechanic has just rang me to say that it has had the wrong oil put in it (I had it serviced back in January so I'm guessing it was them) he says the oil for the RCZ is very expensive and is charging me over 50 quid just for the oil.....is this right? I thought any motor oil could be used!
Thanks
Lesley

Pedro

Reaction score
Total Quartz Ineo Long Life 5w30 low saps 3 endorsed by Peugeot PSA (Ebay Barsfor cars £29.99)` I use this in my Z 200GT & it loves it you can go for 0w30 if you prefer depends on choice or which posts your reading
£50 is way over the top & I presume that is without an oil filter plus Labour charges!

Le55

Reaction score
Total Quartz Ineo Long Life 5w30 low saps 3 endorsed by Peugeot PSA (Ebay Barsfor cars £29.99)` I use this in my Z 200GT & it loves it you can go for 0w30 if you prefer depends on choice or which posts your reading
£50 is way over the top & I presume that is without an oil filter plus Labour charges!
Well I am hoping that is with a filter.....although it had a service last November. Thanks for your reply....I just have such a mistrust with garages, probably because I'm a woman 🤣 anyway, my car is getting a wee treat I guess.

Pedro

Reaction score
He has quoted you just for the oil I buy Bosch Oil filters from ebay I think I paid just over £4 each I usually buy at least 3 because the price can rise so take note of how much he's asking for a new one?
Why not buy your own Oil+Filter & ask them to just charge you the Labour costs of doing the job you will save yourself £s
If you need any help regarding aspects of service or mechanical issues post them & we can hopefully help you save even more money!;)

Le55

Reaction score
He has quoted you just for the oil I buy Bosch Oil filters from ebay I think I paid just over £4 each I usually buy at least 3 because the price can rise so take note of how much he's asking for a new one?
Why not buy your own Oil+Filter & ask them to just charge you the Labour costs of doing the job you will save yourself £s
If you need any help regarding aspects of service or mechanical issues post them & we can hopefully help you save even more money!;)
Job done.....£140 for an oil change. No oil filter 😔 the thing is, my car had an oil change last november and they must have used cheap oil, my car hasn't been right since and after picking it up yesterday with the nice, new expensive oil, it's running like a dream 😊 You live and learn.
Thanks for your help!
Lesley

Pedro

Reaction score
I think you should take them to task as you have been scammed an Oil change doesn't cost £150 & considering they Fooked up in the first place I would be looking to get some money back off those crooks!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope its was not one of those "we will be OK here it's just a women" garage.....
If so I think 🤔 it's definitely disgusting 🤢 nowadays 2021

Just be careful if in doubt take a chaperone with you next time..
Any way as I say...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co