What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Oil change every 12 months

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I was reading on the Peugeot WEB site that they recommend you change the oil every 12 months if, most of your journeys are under 6 miles or so and/or you don't do any where near the 20K per 2 years. I asked my friend a service manager at BMW and he says with the oil being synthetic you don't need to do this, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

HB

A

Anonymous

My thoughts are that you will never do damage by changing the oil - but you may do damage if you don't. I would want to change it regularly anyway as I want a long life out of my engine...

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
My thoughts are that you will never do damage by changing the oil - but you may do damage if you don't. I would want to change it regularly anyway as I want a long life out of my engine...
Fully support the above comments. Peugeot did change the service intervals from the original 12 month or 20,000 miles and now say 1 year on the later models. This was to increase the business for the dealerships workshops. As the engines have not changed any, you could question why it was once fine to leave it for two years and now only one, however I will repeat my first comment " Fully support the above comments" :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Johnw & 0058Ron,

Thanks for your replies all comments noted. So if you were me and you changed the oil every 12 months, would you just change the oil or would you also change the oil filter? Oh I forgot to say I only do around 1500 miles at most per year :crazy:

Thanks,

HB.

A

Anonymous

I'd always do both at the same time - no point doing the oil and not doing the filter. Would you fill up a bucket with clean water to wash your car if it still had a load of gunk in the bottom of it from the last wash? why do the same to the inside of your engine :)

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
I'd always do both at the same time - no point doing the oil and not doing the filter. Would you fill up a bucket with clean water to wash your car if it still had a load of gunk in the bottom of it from the last wash? why do the same to the inside of your engine :)
I'll second that, the filter retains a lot of old oil. Oil is the very lifeblood of an engine, fresh, clean and high quality is the key to a long service life :smile:

Sent from my wireless telephonic device using Tapatalk 2