What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine misfire

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
If it’s only when cold it could be the intake valves sticking slightly due to carbon build up.

teo.mike

Reaction score
Seems to be HPFP. Fuel pressure 17 instead of 40...something. Interesting that the missfires keep like 40-50 seconds, not all the time but few days interval, on cold engine. After that, the car works very well.
I will keep you update after the pump change, in a week or two ( original RCZ pump arrives in about two weeks).
Till than I ordered an OBD 2 to erase future errors, if necesary

lfe

Reaction score
I am in a similar situation, some days it starts fine, others it takes about a minute to idle smoothly, with misfiring and a bad exhaust smell.
If I try to drive like this, the famous fault P0087 fires.

The problem is undoubtedly the HPFP, I have observed the pressure with the Torque app, sometimes it quickly rises to the normal 5000 kPa (50 bar) but other times not, or oscillates again to low values.

Within 2 weeks I will disassemble the pump and send it to a person who repairs it here in Spain.

teo.mike

Reaction score
Unfortunatelly here are no repair person, so I have to buy a new one. And yes, bad exhaust smell here,too

teo.mike

Reaction score
Oh, and the reason for shaking on acceleration: two hoses, one of them goes to rocker cover. Changed them and all is ok