What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine management light

A

Anonymous

Hi Folks

Only had my RCZ back 4 days from having new timing chain, guides, tensioner etc,
was running sweet till started her up to come home from work, sitting in traffic when Engine (which was still cold) started juddering/shaking/spluttering, then cut out engine management light came on saying engine repair needed, restarted and
when the car was warmed up seemed to be OK still a slight juddering at standstill but does not cut out, error code P1337 / P1336 / P1340, had this before but thought it was because of the dreaded rattling chain
any ideas
only just forked out 550 pound for the timing chain issues, so hope its nothing to expensive :thumbdown:

Thanks in advance

Vince

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, what a downer!! Hope you get it sorted quickly and cheaply. Your chain and associated Gubbins will be under warranty so if the problem stems from that then your dealer should sort it quickly.
Sounds to me like a coil problem which is apparently a common fault on these engines and should be sorted quite easily.

Good luck and keep the faith! :eusa-think:

Sanity

Reaction score
Yea that's the igniton coils. Just replaced all four on mine even if only 2 was bad.
Then do a little praying it takes years before next error :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys

Just done some internet searches and it comes up with cylinder 1 2 and 4 with those codes so guess ill be changing all 4 coil packs and see what happens.

Cheers
Vince

lanko

Reaction score
highlander64 said:
Hi Folks

Only had my RCZ back 4 days from having new timing chain, guides, tensioner etc,
was running sweet till started her up to come home from work, sitting in traffic when Engine (which was still cold) started juddering/shaking/spluttering, then cut out engine management light came on saying engine repair needed, restarted and
when the car was warmed up seemed to be OK still a slight juddering at standstill but does not cut out, error code P1337 / P1336 / P1340, had this before but thought it was because of the dreaded rattling chain
any ideas
only just forked out 550 pound for the timing chain issues, so hope its nothing to expensive :thumbdown:

Thanks in advance

Vince
Hi!

Almost same trouble I have.
Errors: p1336 P1339,P1340
After battery plug out for 30 min and back in, car normaly start and accelerate.
RCZ 156

Did you find solution?

BTW, how to reset errors code? I have ODB2 rader, but reset over it not working (elm327).
I succed to reset over OD car doctor. Torque not work.
But I afraid to still have a problem.
Hm. Coils looks OK. Just 1 wire is out of place ,but no visible damage.

Guppy

Reaction score
Hi Lanko

Just in case you missed It?... this threat is over 3 years old, so don't be too downbeat if you don't get a response.