What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine management light on within 200yrds!

A

Anonymous

Hi Folks
Picked up a new 2.0HDi yesterday, pulling away from the dealers the engine management light came on!

The garage say that this is because the car has not been used and it was condensation in the exhaust apparently when the cars are brand new the engine should be run for a couple of minutes to warm it up. I have had no further issue with the car last night and I have sent the dealer a e-mail recording the fault.

Has anybody else had this issue with a brand new car?

Roger

A

Anonymous

Not heard of it before. Seems to me though, that this being the case it would have been prudent for the dealership to have had you start the engine whilst you was looking around the car. However it doesn't really matter as you have a three year warranty and it meant you found us :beer:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Ron I love the car just a bit suspicious of dealers sometimes!
In fairness to the salesman he did say he always warms up the smaller diesels but didn't realize he had to on the 2 litre

No problems with it this morning on run to work, so I hope it was just a one off like they said.
I found the forum when I ordered car but been lurking since and found it very interesting.