What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Management Light on - how to reset??

Tara Williams

Reaction score
I had a flat tyre then my engine management light came on and it went into limp mode. I inflated the tyre, it then drove fine again but my light is still on. Can anyone tell me how to re-set it myself or does it need to go back to the dealer? any advice would be most welcome

thanks
Tara

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tara, is your car a MK1 or MK2?

Pedro

Reaction score
If you go to the dealer they will say you need a full health check & charge about £80-90 to plug the scanner in try a local garage first & just ask to have a check light code reading on the ECU a local lad near me does it for £15 which is the cheapest I know although you can buy a cheap code reader & do it yourself most of them do the job for you by telling you where the fault is showing then you can usually reset it to see if its a one off warning
The socket is usually at the back of a little shelf behind a rubber cover which flips up & the pulls out which is under the ashtray once plugged in the scanner will direct you to its menu then just follow the menu you will be looking for the DTC codes under OBDII menu believe me its dead simple as the car will tell you whats wrong 🙂

Tara Williams

Reaction score
If you go to the dealer they will say you need a full health check & charge about £80-90 to plug the scanner in try a local garage first & just ask to have a check light code reading on the ECU a local lad near me does it for £15 which is the cheapest I know although you can buy a cheap code reader & do it yourself most of them do the job for you by telling you where the fault is showing then you can usually reset it to see if its a one off warning
The socket is usually at the back of a little shelf behind a rubber cover which flips up & the pulls out which is under the ashtray once plugged in the scanner will direct you to its menu then just follow the menu you will be looking for the DTC codes under OBDII menu believe me its dead simple as the car will tell you whats wrong 🙂
Thank you Pedro - I only brought the car in December so I have rang the dealer & they are going to check it out & sort it for me 😊
Thanks for your help

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks just a line to say that if you have the TPS ( tyre pressure warning system) on your car if you have a flat tyre this triggers a fault message to the ECU & as you have inflated the tyre & driven the car OK I believe this is why your engine light has stayed on as the code is logged until its cleared if you lived local to me I could have read the fault & probably cleared it assuming it is the tyre deflating ..Hope all goes well 😉

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
A TPMS warning shouldn’t have brought on a engine check light and definitely not put the car into limp mode, the MK2 model sensors can be accessed through the menus
My MK1 resets itself once the tyre is re inflated and run down the road

Tara Williams

Reaction score
Thanks just a line to say that if you have the TPS ( tyre pressure warning system) on your car if you have a flat tyre this triggers a fault message to the ECU & as you have inflated the tyre & driven the car OK I believe this is why your engine light has stayed on as the code is logged until its cleared if you lived local to me I could have read the fault & probably cleared it assuming it is the tyre deflating ..Hope all goes well 😉
Thank you 😊 When we looked properly I actually had a nail in my tyre, once I got that repaired my light went off 😁 thanks for your help

Tara Williams

Reaction score
A TPMS warning shouldn’t have brought on a engine check light and definitely not put the car into limp mode, the MK2 model sensors can be accessed through the menus
My MK1 resets itself once the tyre is re inflated and run down the road
Once I had my tyre fixed the light went off thankfully - thanks for your help 😊