What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Management Light Issue

WillGee

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm writing this out of desperation as no one seems to be able to assist me. My engine management light keeps coming on and the car then loses all power, (would seem like the turbo doesn't function). The car has been in numerous times to get this sorted out, in fact they've had it on and off for over 12 weeks. I collected it again yesterday and the issue is still there. I have replaced the oxygen sensor, had the turbo completely overhauled, have replaced the tappet cover, new plugs, new coil, new ECU and still the problem persists. It's so frustarting now that I just want to get rid of the car, although I really love it. Any suggestions would be most welcome as I'm now willing to try anything - even if there was a way to disconnect it.

Thanks Will .

Pete321

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm writing this out of desperation as no one seems to be able to assist me. My engine management light keeps coming on and the car then loses all power, (would seem like the turbo doesn't function). The car has been in numerous times to get this sorted out, in fact they've had it on and off for over 12 weeks. I collected it again yesterday and the issue is still there. I have replaced the oxygen sensor, had the turbo completely overhauled, have replaced the tappet cover, new plugs, new coil, new ECU and still the problem persists. It's so frustarting now that I just want to get rid of the car, although I really love it. Any suggestions would be most welcome as I'm now willing to try anything - even if there was a way to disconnect it.

Thanks Will .

Pete321

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me! Mine went back 6 or seven times in 12 months. Most recently all coil packs were replaced, then same thing happened. Loss of power cooling fan on full blast for about 20 mins.

Strange as it may seem, I topped up washer bottle, checked fuel cap was on properly and checked oil filler cap and coolant cap was on tight.

Light has not appeared again!!!!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously all that work hasn’t sorted the original issue and we hear this so often as mechanics get lead down the wrong path with diagnosis and this is why people slag the RCZ off as a money pit!
It could still be something quite simple many issues will bring on limp mode it’s just tracking down the fault codes, you say you’ve had a new rocker cover fitted? Was it a genuine part as some of the cheaper aftermarket ones had a problem with the PCV not working correctly, there’s a video on YouTube explaining the issue.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi All

Thanks Will .
Check the fuel system pressure

PhilB

Reaction score
Check the fuel system pressure
I have the engine management light also. Only just bought the flamin car! 2 coil pack’s replaced but light still on. I love the car but stress levels not to mention expenditure running high! I’m thinking life would be easier if I got rid of it, but would be gutted

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hpfp more than likely to be the issue as many people have changed their coil pack's only to find out that it's down to the hpfp..

PhilB

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice. I’m just panicking that the fix is going to cost mega bucks £££….

thanks again!