What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Management Light Issue

WillGee

Reaction score
Hoping someone might be able to give me some suggestions to solve this. My engine management light keeps coming on and obviously when this happens it loses power - almost like the turbo stops functioning (RCZ 1.6 Turbo 2010 Model). We have tried everything to sort out the problem, diagnostic testing, resetting and now even did a complete recon of the turbo and it's still happening. Makes we wonder if the turbo recon was a complete waste of money. The latest advice I have received is that I should remove the catalytic converter. Was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this issue and if removing the CAT could be a solution. Thanks Will.

lfe

Reaction score
For me, the first thing you have to do is go to another mechanical garage, one that has the means to analyze the problem,

What fault codes did the engine fault light come on?

Now your mechanic thinks the problem is the catalytic converter, almost certainly he will remove it and the problem will continue.

In addition, removing anti-pollution devices such as the catalytic converter is illegal in many countries.

Pedro

Reaction score
Removing the cat will cause even bigger issues loss of power can be fuel pressure problems or engine timing maybe the fuel pump is dying a slow death ?

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Hoping someone might be able to give me some suggestions to solve this. My engine management light keeps coming on and obviously when this happens it loses power - almost like the turbo stops functioning (RCZ 1.6 Turbo 2010 Model). We have tried everything to sort out the problem, diagnostic testing, resetting and now even did a complete recon of the turbo and it's still happening. Makes we wonder if the turbo recon was a complete waste of money. The latest advice I have received is that I should remove the catalytic converter. Was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this issue and if removing the CAT could be a solution. Thanks Will.
Been having same issues with mine for last 2 years…for weeks or sometimes months it’s fine and then EML Pops up and goes into limp mode…
Within 24hours it goes off and all fine …until it goes again my local garage put their diagnostic on with no results….🤔

Kris

Reaction score
I had this issue for so long and could never get to the root of the issue. I got 3 garages to look at it multiple times and try to diagnose the issue, more often than not, the fault codes would contradict one another, usually a pressure being too high AND too low at the same time.

I changed a couple of sensors thinking that was the cause, then ultimately replaced the turbo since then I have had no issues.

I did start with these videos though when I initially started trying to figure out what was wrong.

Hopefully it might help someone :D

WillGee

Reaction score
Does the turbo come back in if the car is turned off then restarted?
Sometimes. Normally have to leave for about 12 or so hours and then everything is normal again. Turbo has just been completely reconditioned, but this did not solve the problem.