What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine light mystery & Parking lights

UncleBen

Reaction score
I just bought a very nice HDI GT in white 2010. 71.5k mls
So far I'm very pleased and impressed with it, and I think its fantastic value.

Had a small issue with the engine light that came on while I was on the motorway last night, the engine light came on so I stopped and re started the engine, still on and I also noticed a triangle with ! mark inside in the cluster display. After a quick look in the hand book it said that it is an emissions fault, so that put my mind at ease a little. This morning on the way to work the light was still on, however this afternoon when I got in to take it to the garage the light was off! Any ideas?

Also can anyone tell me if it has parking lights? I've tried the indicator but that's not it and I cant find anything in the hand book referring to any. I like to use them most of the time where I park due to tight and poorly/non lit roads.

2retro

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Uncle Ben. Love your Sweet & Sour Sauce by the way! :thumbup:

The fault may have cleared itself after some spirited driving if car had been stood a while beforehand. Time will tell...

What do you mean by 'parking lights' exactly?

wilsofar

Reaction score
I've not come across the facility to put either left or right side lights (usually operated from indicator stalk once ignition is turned off),for many many years!

Very useful in awkward on road parking positions.

Might have been continued in other countries.

UncleBen

Reaction score
I hope its not the FAP!!
I use parking lights all the time, I feel I need to. If it dosnt have them that will Bea worrey for me.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

what you may also notice is that the car will go into economy mode in no time at all when the engine is not running so I doubt that Peugeot would allow you to leave parking lights on. :D

UncleBen

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

what you may also notice is that the car will go into economy mode in no time at all when the engine is not running so I doubt that Peugeot would allow you to leave parking lights on. :D

Hi, and thanks. I did find out about economy mode today when I was cleaning it. The indicator stalk which is usually how you select parking lights doesn't work, so I think your right. As for the engine light its been playing hide & seek since the first time it came on so I'll get it plugged in at some point and see what's doing. Thanks again all and I'll revert with the diagnoses.
No parking lights, what a bummer!!

UncleBen

Reaction score
So, plugged it in today and it came up with an EGR fault, phew! Ill pull it off and give it a clean when I get a chance.