What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Fault

A

Anonymous

Three meetings and a -4 degree start to the day...then RocZ, my little car, decided to die. A dashboard announcement of "engine fault" signalled a failing engine ooomph or any revs. Managed to limp it to a side street where the engine fan sounded as though an aeroplane was coming into land. Of course it is just out of warranty :thumbdown: and am now waiting for RAC to arrive. Am totally and utterly fed up. Is this normal for a 15 month old 1.6 supa dupa car?

A

Anonymous

RocZ said:
Three meetings and a -4 degree start to the day...then RocZ, my little car, decided to die. A dashboard announcement of "engine fault" signalled a failing engine ooomph or any revs. Managed to limp it to a side street where the engine fan sounded as though an aeroplane was coming into land. Of course it is just out of warranty :thumbdown: and am now waiting for RAC to arrive. Am totally and utterly fed up. Is this normal for a 15 month old 1.6 supa dupa car?
It cannot be "out of warranty" They came with a three year warranty and no RCZ has reached that age yet. You will be getting free attention from Peugeot and RocZ will be as good as new soon :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
How come it's out of warranty ? Should have a 3 year warranty. Where are you based? Sounds like it could be timing chain problem.

A

Anonymous

Hello all, this is my first post as i've just joined tonight seeking some advice.

I've had the same problem with my RCZ. Last night i started it up and whilst on
tick over the revs dropped to under 0.5 and when i pressed the accelerator there
was no response. Then we got the ding dong and hey presto "ENGINE FAULT - REPAIR NEEDED"
I left the car over night and tonight went to start it up and everything seems fine no drop in revs
at all so i gave it a blast up the road and the power is there nothing wrong with it. The fault is still
displayed but the car's performance is as normal. This is the second time this has happened.
The car was returned to the dealer 3 months ago and they told me they had replaced the ecu and since
then it's been fine. The car has only done 7000 miles in 2 years.

Today I phoned the dealer again to explain the situation and was told that i should be using super unleaded fuel
as the RCZ is designed to perform better on higher octane fuel! wtf? Is this correct? I must have missed that in the
handbook? :) After that bombshell they decided they should have a look at it, AGAIN!, yippee!

If anyone can help with what might be the real cause it would be greatly appreciated.
All the best

Nick

A

Anonymous

No - I was told ordinary unleaded fuel was fine. I watched the dealer top up it up when I bought the car and made a point of asking at the time.

A

Anonymous

Ordinary unleaded is fine, in saying that I sometimes fill up with shell super unleaded for the extra bit of go! :clap:

A

Anonymous

Yup, that story about the fuel is absolute nonsense. Regular octane fuel (95 RON) is actually recommended underneath the fuel cap (beside fuel cap).

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Yup, that story about the fuel is absolute nonsense. Regular octane fuel (95 RON) is actually recommended underneath the fuel cap (beside fuel cap).

Yep, use Asda petrol in mine and its fine, in fact the couple of times I have put super in it, I could not tell the difference.

RCZ1

Reaction score
paul141 said:
mrizzle said:

Yep, use Asda petrol in mine and its fine, in fact the couple of times I have put super in it, I could not tell the difference.

Same for me too :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
paul141 said:
mrizzle said:

Same for me too :)

...and me!! :thumbup: