What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Fault - Repair Needed Message

NF7

Reaction score
So, here I am again :D

After calm two months, the car gave me another Engine Fault - Repair Needed Message today.

Although, ONLY THIS is showing, there are no lights on the dashboard, apart from the exclamation mark in the triangle where the KM and Trip meters are. It only shows once, when the car is turned on, and then never again.

I've refilled the oil this weekend after the warning light came up (refiled with 1l of the same brand Oil and viscosity as I had before) so I suspect it should not be this.

Other things I found online were the battery at the end of its life and AC issue. AC works fine (error comes up with it turned on or turned off).

Is it safe to drive, the car is not in limp mode, although a small power reduction is felt? (maybe it's placebo effect)

UPDATE: Arranged a garage to check the error. After driving 10km, 150m away from the entrance to the garage the message disappeared.

No more engine fault repair needed, no triangle exclamation sign. The technician said it's most likely connected to oil top-up.

Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
So, here I am again :D

After calm two months, the car gave me another Engine Fault - Repair Needed Message today.

Although, ONLY THIS is showing, there are no lights on the dashboard, apart from the exclamation mark in the triangle where the KM and Trip meters are. It only shows once, when the car is turned on, and then never again.

I've refilled the oil this weekend after the warning light came up (refiled with 1l of the same brand Oil and viscosity as I had before) so I suspect it should not be this.

Other things I found online were the battery at the end of its life and AC issue. AC works fine (error comes up with it turned on or turned off).

Is it safe to drive, the car is not in limp mode, although a small power reduction is felt? (maybe it's placebo effect)

UPDATE: Arranged a garage to check the error. After driving 10km, 150m away from the entrance to the garage the message disappeared.

No more engine fault repair needed, no triangle exclamation sign. The technician said it's most likely connected to oil top-up.
These engines do throw up spurious faults from time to time and the clear themselves after a few runs out.

Reactions: NF7

Hbom73

Reaction score
Hi NF7 glad your car managed to sort itself out and your Engine Fault has disappeared.

I’ve just had my Engine fault! Repair needed warning come on my dash. Shortly after my Eps, abs warning came on. My car has gone into limp mode.

I plugged a diagnostic fault reader on and it came up with the code PO659. This is saying Actuator Supply Voltage A Circuit High. Not entirely sure what this means. Is it something to do with a fault in the wiring? Could it have something to do with the ECU?

The Esp, abs warning light has now gone off.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Pedro

Reaction score
The PCM/ECM has detected a fault you may have a open circuit in the wiring