What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ENGINE COVER COVERED IN OIL

A

Anonymous

Hi chap not one for posting my faults its the 2nd only but in the past month :( nice today so decided to give the car the whole works and also clean the engine bay, but i discovered oil on the engine cover between the spark plugs it did clean of but obviously there's a leak of some sort anyone else had this

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Hi chap not one for posting my faults its the 2nd only but in the past month :( nice today so decided to give the car the whole works and also clean the engine bay, but i discovered oil on the engine cover between the spark plugs it did clean of but obviously there's a leak of some sort anyone else had this

I seem to recall reading a couple of others reporting this a couple of months back but unfortunately can't find the posts. If I do I'll attach a link.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rizz it's going in on tuesday for a seeing too :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

This wasn't the thread I was thinking of but it does refer to the same issue. If you read through it the timing chain was sound to be the source of this particular individual's problem.

http://peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1630

Hopefully your RCZ's issue isn't this and is quickly resolved.

A

Anonymous

Rizz I DONT CARE its going in january anyhow but in the mean time back to the ranch :(

A

Anonymous

You decided what's going to replace it? I'll be sorry to see you go man! :(

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
You decided what's going to replace it? I'll be sorry to see you go man! :(

Nowt as yet mate but it will be nice ;) the cars booked in thursday earliest as they have no courtesy cars for tomorrow so thursday it is they are giving me a 208 :thumbup: but want me to pay £9 a day car insurance for the use of the 208 is this the norm :wtf:

I dont want the blame if something is wrong with rcz even though its going back early as i would liable to the leasing company :( the oil levels are fine but the noise from the engine and the oil leak it doesnt sound a simple one day fix.

A

Anonymous

I got an X6 as a courtesy car and was charged to go on there insurance but it was 1 of payment as i had it for 5 days :thumbdown: depends on garage

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
I got an X6 as a courtesy car and was charged to go on there insurance but it was 1 of payment as i had it for 5 days :thumbdown: depends on garage

X6 mac i thought that would be right up your street as it bmw version of a gangster's escalade i think they look better than the x5 but what about this new 6 series i am actually in awe of this car its stunning fooking gorgeous the best looking bmw ever :cool: :cool: :cool:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
bigmac3161 said:

X6 mac i thought that would be right up your street as it bmw version of a gangster's escalade i think they look better than the x5 but what about this new 6 series i am actually in awe of this car its stunning fooking gorgeous the best looking bmw ever :cool: :cool: :cool:
The new 6 is one of the best looking cars at the minute there's a white one locally and it's pure sex :p the X6 is scary it had the twin turbo Diesel engine was a rocket ship and cornered like a sports car only did 15 mpg thou :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Scott barton said:
I get a fooking fiat 500 and you get an X6- Aaahh
Don't worry the 2nd BMW garage i went to kept giving me a 1 series 116D and an SE not even Msport :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
but want me to pay £9 a day car insurance for the use of the 208 is this the norm :wtf:

Think so. I was the same when mine was in. Unless your insurance allows you to drive courtesy cars FULLY COMP? I was at the AA at the time and they didn't. The AA ven wanted to charge me £30 A DAY to drive a 1.0L Suzuki Swift ....nawt!!! So Pug insurance does work out cheaper.

I did try and back the dealer into a corner saying that as it was warranty work, a fault, they should honour the courtesy car as it wasn't my fault the car was in, not like it was just in for a service. But no joy :thumbdown:

I wouldn't mind being charged £9 to rag a 208 for the day!!!

A

Anonymous

When I picked up my car I spoke to my dealer about courtesy car coverage.

At that dealership (at least) there is nothing to pay as long as the work is being done under warranty.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I didn't pay anything when my car went in for warranty work and I was given a car for the day (and I got the Service Manager's RCZ) !

A

Anonymous

I cant get the 208 anyhow as i have lost my driving license :twisted: "hunted high and low" {AHA} BUT ITS NOT FUNNY :lol: :lol: So i am just going to leave it with the dealer :(

Would have quite like to have a go in a 1.4 208 :(

A

Anonymous

That's irritating!! I'd have liked to have had a shotty of the 208 had I been you too. I am gunning for a blast in the 208 GTI when it comes out!

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
I cant get the 208 anyhow as i have lost my driving license :twisted: "hunted high and low" {AHA} BUT ITS NOT FUNNY :lol: :lol: So i am just going to leave it with the dealer :(

Would have quite like to have a go in a 1.4 208 :(

That's going to cost you £20 I'm afraid.

I lost the paper part of my driving licence recently so had to apply for a replacement. You can do it all online on the DVLA website.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
That's irritating!! I'd have liked to have had a shotty of the 208 had I been you too. I am gunning for a blast in the 208 GTI when it comes out!

Ditto rizz :thumbup: you can get a 208 just now with 156 bhp variant just like the one in the rcz :(

Raging i cant find it, its in the house or my mums house somewhere but it has my old address on it so best to send away for a new yin asap

A

Anonymous

Well the cars in the dealership l wont get it back til tuesday earliest :shock: so i was told saw a couple of nice rcz in the dealers a shark grey sport with grey wheels :cool: 12 plate 200 miles £19,950 and a white sport the same price unregistered :eusa-think: had a peek inside a 208 allure very very nice little car lovely dashboard layout with a high quality plastic finish better than the rcz it had glass roof :cool: as well, surely some of these plastic could rub off on to the new rcz :eusa-think: