What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Block Heater

Jh72i

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Picked up a 2015 RCZ R the other day. Loving it.

I live in a cold country and this R, surprisingly, has come without the usual engine block heater that pretty much all cars here come with. I'm wondering if anyone has experience of fitting one. I have not been successful with finding info on Google :( Although, I have read that many cars do come with these already fitted but just not hooked/wired up.

Thanks,
jh

Pedro

Reaction score
Peugeot never fitted Engine heater systems on these models I don't know about other makes you can buy them off the web I presume your night temps dip well below freezing the other thing I suggest is strengthen the Coolant /Atifreeze mixture as the thermostat tanks are prone to splitting on the coolant systems on the Zs

Jh72i

Reaction score
Thanks for this reply, Pedro. When you say "these model" I presume to are referring to the RCZ "R" and my previous RCZ 200 had one fitted (but then I don't know if was aftermarket). And, yes, Finland - well below freezing throughout the winter 🥶

RCZ-R

Reaction score
The lowest I have been with my R on a morning ride was -17°C.
No issues at all with starting or warming up. It didn't take too long to heat both, the engine and the interior. Proper winter car :)

Jh72i

Reaction score
"...The coldest temperatures in winter are from -45°C to -50°C in Lapland and eastern Finland; from -35°C to -45°C elsewhere; and -25°C to -35°C over islands and coastal regions. The lowest temperature recorded in Helsinki is -34.3°C (1987). The lowest temperature recorded at any weather station in Finland as of 2010 is -51.5°C (1999)..." :)

I've experienced all manner of rookie problems, not being a native Finn. But, actually, one of the most annoying is the frozen doors - that car is good but you just cannot get in to it. I've learned some tricks for that recently, though.

My biggest worry without an engine block heater is doing gradual engine damage starting up with such cold fluids.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Those are the temps you have to deal with on a yearly basis?

Jh72i

Reaction score
Those are the stats, yes!

I’m actually in the south but there have been many sub 20 days & nights this year.

Sounds worse than it is - blue skies, white surrounds, light or no wind makes for a very pleasant experience for someone far more used to grey skies, harsh winds & brutal rain.

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks for this reply, Pedro. When you say "these model" I presume to are referring to the RCZ "R" and my previous RCZ 200 had one fitted (but then I don't know if was aftermarket). And, yes, Finland - well below freezing throughout the winter 🥶
When I said these models I was referring to all RCZ variants it may have been a optional extra by special request? I don't think they exported them to Finland although who knows where half of them ended up there are guys form Israel Slovenia Greece Spain etc on here