What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine bay detailed

Reaction score

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Re: Engine bay detailed

Sexual Looking...so what did ya use to get the engine bay bay in Concours....Condition.... :cool:

Abzynthe

Reaction score

Its really a shame that most engines nowadays are covered in plastic :(

Looks brand new :D

Reaction score

jassyo06 said:
Sexual Looking...so what did ya use to get the engine bay bay in Concours....Condition.... :cool:

A good scrub down with car shampoo & detailing brush than showroom shine for the paintwork you can see & finally a gel to do all the black plastic, it did take me back when I use to do concours :)

A

Anonymous

I seem to hear of a lot of guys and girls using steam cleaners for this purpose at the moment. No I'm no captain health and safety but is this actually safe?!

Reaction score

mrizzle said:
I seem to hear of a lot of guys and girls using steam cleaners for this purpose at the moment. No I'm no captain health and safety but is this actually safe?!

I wouldn't use one on mine I prefer a bit of elbow grease oh yeah & a few cut fingers.

Abzynthe

Reaction score

Whatever Kerry used on mine, I would recommend to anyone. She sprayed it on, left it for a few hours and then wiped off with a cloth. It looks brand new. And my engine bay hadn't been detailed before then lol

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:

Not sure about the steam but heard some horror stories about normal high pressure washers and engine bays.

Looks tops masson!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Engine bay detailed

That is indeed it bigmac :thumbup:

I've actually sprayed it on both our engine bays today. It's still on overnight and will be buffed up in the morning.

Auto Finesse Dressle is a similar product but I think leaves an even nicer finish :)

Engine bay looks great Sharon. A credit to you :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score

mrizzle said:

Steam cleaning engine bays has been around for many years and is perfectly safe.

I have used a pressure washer on the engine bay before. Obviously not on high pressure. Just lightly rinse from side to side. No direct aim. There's not much on show in engine bays these days so you can't do damage. Run the engine for 5 minutes and it helps dry it up. I've never had any issues.

pete.garratt

Reaction score

Me too, although I've used the high pressure setting on my Karcher - never a problem, hot or cold engine. Obviously, I keep the lance a reasonable distance away - about 0.5m.