What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

electrical problem

A

Anonymous

Hi has anybody had a problem with the electrics?
I was travelling on the motorway when i heard a double bleep and the warning system came on !! not only did everything light up eg handbrake on ABS On i lost all the fuel gauge speedos and the music,the car however still drove ok but obviously i didnt know at what speed ? After i had pulled over i turned the engine off and left it for about 5 mins,re-stared and the fault had gone (eh!!) but as i turned the car right the power went off again but then came back on when i turned left Honest!! i know this sounds strange but its true,i have taken it to the garage today and no fault has been found? i pick the car back up tomorrow so i can update you with more info!!

A

Anonymous

Reminds me of that old movie "Close encounters..." :lol: .Any sign of UFOs during all of this :eek: ? Apologies for being silly and I do hope it gets sorted out for you.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that !! could quite possibly have been an encounter due to the fact the garage havnt found the problem? i am due to pick the car back up tomorrow so god help me if my ghost decides to come for a ride around the dales this weekend ha ha

P.S will report on my weekend driving and the results if everything goes off again !!!

A

Anonymous

I have had one little niggle, I came home from work last week, got changed for football, no longer than 20 min, got back in the car and the and my fuel gauge indicated that I had an empty tank...however I know when I got home I had over half a tank,drove all the way (about 10-15 miles) to football and even turned the car off at a set of red lights, but still it kept indicating an empty tank, then when I got to football and parked up, locked the car (in view of the pitch) walked away thinking it was all good, looked back 10 min later the lights were still on?!...so unlocked then re-locked it and it seemed to behave its self for the rest of the time i was playing. At the end of the game drove off and it seemed to have reset its self...saying that it never flashed me to tell me it was empty, just the needle was on empty...then the other day, I had just over half a tank, had some one round to do my alloys (two on the off side - had it on 2 jacks for about 45 min - hr) got in the car and all of a sudden i had a full tank...this car is strange!!! still love her though!

A

Anonymous

Yes the unknown!!,i have left my precious in the garage over the weekend so they can try asnd diagnose this for me .Just hope you dont get the full blank out of everything including the fuel gauge !! i do lov this car though a real looker and thanks for the feedback

A

Anonymous

Hi 2 years have gone since the last message here about electrics but I have been having probs with them for over a year on and off! Now its all started again - anyone else out there?

A

Anonymous

listerph said:
... as i turned the car right the power went off again but then came back on when i turned left Honest!

Just replace 90° right turns by 270° left turns and you'll be fine!

Oh, and this looks like a faulty connector from the battery to your car's computer.

Edit: Just noticed that this was a stone-old posting...sorry for waking up the dead.

A

Anonymous

Get your boot lid switch checked out.
Seriously, there have been a number of Z's, mine included, that needed the boot lid switch replaced as it was letting water get inside it and causing the electrics to go barmy. :crazy:

Symptoms were very intermittent, it could go a few days, weeks or even a month or so without seeing something out of the ordinary. It was very frustrating.
Obvioulsy a small amount of water, after rain or washing was getting inside the switch and causing things to short out, then it would settle down as the switch dried out.

Some of my Z's own symptoms were ~;
Boot opening by itself, sometimes even when driving
Boot not opening at all when pressing the boot lid switch OR remote control
Doors locking themselves, sometimes if I was inside the car
Doors not locking at all
Parking sensors giving false warnings
Parking sensors not giving any warnings
Car's Alarm sounding for no reason
Radio switching to cd player and by by itself
Internal cabin light coming on or flickering by itself

I'm sure there were other silly going's on but I cannot remember all them .
Apparantly after speaking to my dealer, all the symptoms my Z was experiencing were at the extreme end, but maybe your own experiences with your cars electrics are just like mine.

Good thing is as soon as the boot lid switch was changed everything settled down :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I have had problems , first started with the boot opening randomly.
Then the inductors stopped working from time to time , followed by the rear parking sensors stopping to work.
It was all down to water from the drainage seals or plugs located inn the boot. The factory extended warranty wouldn't cover
Water recess so I'm hoping I don't have to fork out the 200 quid repair and Peugeot can repair
And cover the cost as a design fault !!!!

Peugeot rcz
1.6 gt 200 bhp
Mercury grey
30000 miles
Built 3 / 2011

A

Anonymous

Re: electrical problem indercaters flashing fast

:helpme: Hi everyone
Have a problem with my wife's Z great car but the indicators are flashing fast all work but just flash fast also rear parking sensors have stopped working the car has a Peugeot fitted tow bar do you think this could be the problem or would you plump for the boot catch with water ingress.
Sorry to ask but but as a newbie to this just looking for some help as my dealer wants loads of money to hook it up to there computer to tell me it's got a fault!! :helpme:

A

Anonymous

listerph - I hope you manage to sort it out soon - good luck.
The only fault I have is that when I fill up from about ¾ full the gauge doesn't move to full nor does the 'miles to go' increase.
I had the same fault with mu old Citroen so it doesn't bother me at all.