What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Electrical issues??

Sanity

Reaction score
Ok. Here we go again! :wtf:

Drove the car about 2km to pick up my daughter from school. no problem at all.
Stopped the car and went for my daughter wich took about 5 min.
When I was about too help her in the back of the car I noticed that the windscreen washers were moving in intervall mode. Strange as everything was shut off.
Sat in the car and put the key in... Try to start it and got a imobilizer fault message. Key wont work, cant lock or unlock car with the remote. put the key back in the ignition and same message again followed by ABS fault, ESP fault, Passenger airbag fault, Seat airbag fault, Brake fault (in red), Auto headlight positioning fault.... probably a few more! cant remeber them all.
Phoned the dealer who as usual head no clue and after speaking to him for a few minutes I tried to start the car again and to my surprise it started fine. Many error messages followed but car runs fine :crazy: :shock:
Drove it back home and now I am here... Anyone got this sort of errors and knows wtf is going on?
I'll try it later today and see if it works or if the problem's still there :evil:

Sanity

Reaction score
Quick update.
Car started and works fine. Brake fault and ESP/ABS fault were the only faults that came up now.
Stopped and started the car again after a 15 minute drive and now no more errors at all!? :)
Gotto love those French features :D
Anyway, car's getting to dealership next week for the old error (p1030, that error hasn't been back since it came on one time only and I did a ECU reset) for full inspection!
Then I"ll probably put the car away for the winter.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There's clearly something upsetting the ECU, and for the wipers to be going with everything off, I would guess at a short somewhere in the electronics.
Hopefully, the dealer will detect where the fault lies when he attaches his diagnostics.

If they can't find anything, I would ask if it happens again, can you take it to an auto electrician, with Peugeot covering the costs. That might focus their search a bit.

A

Anonymous

If you haven't already, get the dealer to check the boot switch. There's a known gremlin whereby if water gets in there (which it can from a pressure washer or even a strong hosepipe) it causes all manner of random and weird electrical issues. There's a few threads on the forum about it.

Sanity

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions!
I have read about boot switch but no one else seems to have gotten similar errors as myself.
But I'll let them know about that next week :)
Lets hope its an easy fix.

tianorth

Reaction score
Take video of the errors coming up and any unusual behaviour as when they get it in they won't find any problems.

I read somewhere about disconnecting the battery, turn on the side lights to drain any residual power, leaving it for a while and re connecting the battery with side light switched on so only a small amount of power is being drawn.

This was in reference to a Renault espace diesel where faults where coming up from the bsi unit.
Think it might have been on honest John's website

Sanity

Reaction score
Thanks tianorth.
I did record a video of it yesterday. Didnt get all the errors then but some where still present.
Today everything is back to normal so it's good to have the video to show them next week.