What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ECU Reset + Fault Codes

A

Anonymous

Beginning to wish I'd kept my Z4!

Last week it was a low oil level warning, and this morning I've just got 'ENGINE FAULT REPAIR NEEDED LIGHT'. Luckily I was in town when the car went into limp mode (which is the worse limp mode of any car I've ever been in!). Just stuck a generic ODB reader on it and got P1030 so just googling that now to see just how bad the news is. The generic OBD software fault clearer didn't work either so I'm stuck at work, 40 miles from home !

Anyone managed to sort out what this code is? Seems to be various ideas in the threads.

Is there a specific Peugeot OBD reader that would give me a better idea of the fault. (I've actually got a BMW/Mini one... wonder if this would work with the RCZ???)

Finally, anyone know of a good indi garage in the Preston/Lytham area??

A

Anonymous

Okay, so spoke with the main stealers who ran the reg through the system and there's an outstanding recall for a temp sensor. Don't suppose this will solve the problem, but it's a good excuse to drop the car into them.

As an aside, any idea where this bit of heat protection should go? It was originally sitting on top of the sensor, but that didn't seem right to me as it would be trapping the heat in. Can someone please take a look and advise.