What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ecu lockout password help! engine computer unit password

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Howdy mates,
Does anybody know the ECU password?
2012 156bhp engine 5FV (EP6CDT) Sweden

Car is back in shop, the shop needs to access and optimize some crepe in the ECU to get a grip on the fuel consumption (+1,5/10km liter on 300 kilometer continuous drive from engine heater preheating engine inside garage 3hrs before start straight back to the gaspump and it drank an average of +1,5l/10km on a long drive below 100km/hr on 6th gear and the "eggshell" between the gaspedal/my nike had no crack either...

I live in Sweden and I need the engine computer unit password (ecu password) can anyone help me with this?
(Is it the same password for all rcz?)

All help would be appreciated, the hourly rate is ticking @ my local repairshop :eek:
Thanks mates!

Last edited:

Silverbullit

Reaction score
5l/100km or 47mpg sounds good if not great to be fair. Are you sure there is a problem?
Sorry, migrain I misspelled a tad. Should be 1,5/10km liter on 300 kilometer continuous drive so 45 liters on 300km.

Heres the spreadsheet conversion;

Metrisk​

liter per kilometer (l/km) 0,1500
liter per 10 kilometer (l/10 km) 1,500
liter per 100 kilometer (l/100 km) 15,00
kilometer per liter (km/l) 6,667

U.S.​

miles per gallon (mpg) 15,68
gallons per 100 miles 6,378

Brittisk​

miles per gallon (mpg) 18,83
gallons per 100 miles 5,310

When I purchased the car and drove it home 700kilometers I filled the tank and zeroed the counter, it drank pretty precisely an average of 0,5 liters/10kilometers or in other words 35 liters on 700km. Comparing the above two examples something is def off.

I changed A lot of stuff but had a lot of help and the ones on my own I carefully research internet and our mates here kindly handed me that repairshop pdf for rcz, had two major engine failures that what appears now the extra insurances I took will take care off *phew*
I changed filters air/coupe/oil,changed coolant & oil (4 times since i purchased the car oct/nov) battery, multibelt, tensioners, eveything in the wheelhouse ai wheelbearings/calipers/breakdiscs/breakpads/shock absorbers/coils, new studded tires, alot of small things like sparkplugs and such I dug in an additional 6-7k euro/usd out of pocked beyond the major shop jobs. (And I got the wrong summer tires/rims so I got another 2k to drop this or the next week depending on if I want to waste any dough on eating noodles:rolleyes:)
Right now my precious is in the workshop where they are going over the ECU since the consensus right now is that must be the culprit and if not it might need an massage to get in the mood to rehabilitate the new drinking habit.
Today the NGK ignition coils and Lambda Sensor should arrive...

lfe

Reaction score
If your car consumes so much what you have to look for and repair the fault that causes it and not to optimize the engine map.

My 156HP consumes around 6.5l/100km at 120km/h and surely at 100km/h it would consume less than 6

Last edited:

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Ife, your fuel consumptions sounds a quite a bit more reasonable... 0,65 litres/10 kilometers...
So do you have any suggestions what to fix?
I have no recurring error codes, had the hmm I think it was "p2118" - "to rich at bank one" ONCE, I also found the error code triggered for the gas pedal electronics once due to 0,1 delay but it has not come back ever since...

Aight, I just fetched it from the shop and it is now with unlocked ECU/unlocked password.
On the way home I topped off the tank and it was effin empty! 52,88 liters 98 Octane and I have driven 307,8 kilometers
If my sucky math is somewhere close to correct that makes 1,71799 litres/10 kilometers?

I fetched the Autodoc package from the local spot some 2hrs ago,
NGK Ignition Coils and NTK (=NGK) Lambda Sensor.
I,ll put the coils in tomorrow and if I can find a garage so I wont have to lay in the snow I'll put the sensor in.
(Feel a bit iffy creeping under when 3 out of 4 jack connections caved in...)

Any and all suggestions what to do since I know literally nothing about screwing in cars would be utmost appreciated!
When I start up everything smells gasoline like mad, I tell ya if somebody lits a smoke in close proximity it wont end well...

Last edited:

lfe

Reaction score
Possible Cause: Carbon buildup on intake valves which should also cause a rough idle.

It would also be nice to check the compression of each cylinder.