What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Economy stats ?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hi Z'ers,

Anyone out there - I would love to hear what's the most the Diesel guys get to the MPG / tank ?

I have had my Z R return some amazing figures, right upto 50mpg.

Now I know the diesel will better that but by how much?

Guppy

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Hi Z'ers,

Anyone out there - I would love to hear what's the most the Diesel guys get to the MPG / tank ?

Do the digital stats really add up though ??

Example: 56 miles until empty... travel another 4 miles, it then states 39 miles until empty.... dunno about you? but my Z is pants at maths :thumbdown:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Mine is great, set off to Wakefield the other day with only 27 miles left in the tank. Wakefield is @ 7 miles away, then 2 miles back afterwards towards the petrol station, & when I got there I had 39 miles left.

I thought about carrying on, cos by tea time my tank should have been full at that rate :eusa-think: :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I love it when coasting down hill too, 999 mpg :eusa-think:

Guppy

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Mine is great, set off to Wakefield the other day with only 27 miles left in the tank. Wakefield is @ 7 miles away, then 2 miles back afterwards towards the petrol station, & when I got there I had 39 miles left.

I thought about carrying on, cos by tea time my tank should have been full at that rate :eusa-think: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

frankvdb

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Hi Z'ers,

I do about 5.4 l/100 km on average which is more than 52 mpg.
I avoid driving in the city, though, but otherwise I tend to drive a bit over the speed limit.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I completely ignore what the car thinks it's doing.
I fill it up, empty it out, fill it up then work out the mpg from there.
I've run it around locally showing 0 mile range at least once or twice and never run out.
Guppy said:
Plecodoras said:
Hi Z'ers,

Do the digital stats really add up though ??

Example: 56 miles until empty... travel another 4 miles, it then states 39 miles until empty.... dunno about you? but my Z is pants at maths :thumbdown:

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Pete Sallying downhill and doing 999mpg is cheating sorry.

Stewie 0.00l / 100km well my leaf gets that every day !!! He Hee.

Guppy - mine can show 50 miles range and then if I boot it it comes down and says 20 miles, but the calculations are done every 2 seconds and work on past and current driving style.

If you wear space boots then it's gonna go up and down, hence Pete having more range than when he started.

Iain - I agree, but I found my Picasso was very accurate and though I did miscalculate a couple of times and go 0 miles, it is not recommended because you can pump all that sh*t from the bottom of your tank, through the system, not good. Also, I researched and found that the picasso had just over a litre of fuel after the reserve run out, giving approx 12 miles left to do driving economically.

I think I can get pretty much the best MPG from a car ( don't forget I'm from Yorkshire ), and driving using every trick to eek out the fuel to it's furthest range. I would love to have a diesel for a month and see what I could get back. I just find it interesting and quite a challenge.

Thanks for responses....

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have tried driving “sensibly” just to see if I could get the figures that a lot on here have reported, I tried, I really tried, but then I got bored after @ half a mile & reverted back to “Hamilton” mode :twisted:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

My Nan, the professional Yorkie bless her used to say Sallying.
What a brilliant word.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
Plecodoras said:

My Nan, the professional Yorkie bless her used to say Sallying.
What a brilliant word.

Yes it is and though if you look it up, there doesn't appear to be an explanation to it's descriptive use for free wheeling downhill.

I learnt this a long time ago and continue to say Sallying. I think it comes from sallie - to go forth.

Back in the day it was common place to " sally downhill ", though someone told me the other day that it was illegal ! as you are not in full control of your car.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason I remember the game of throwing playing cards was always Sallying them.
So I always associated the word with "skillfully" throwing things. Not just lobbing!
I'd imagine this was just a use of a word in her vocabulary to entertain us kids though.
She had lots of fantastic sayings and stories my nan.
Lots about Barmby Moor when she was little, and what she did in the war

She was nearly 96 when she died and I miss her every day.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Not diesel, but I keep a log of my fuel purchases (being a spreadsheet warrior and all) :geek:

This is for my 200.

My idea was to see if different fuels have different effects.
Not tried regular yet though. Not sure I want to :eusa-think:

Attachments

• mpg log.jpg
    mpg log.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 7,090

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
If I don't use her for "Fun"-rides I manage to get 5,1l/100km. (But than it's only to work and back, boring kilometers on a Netherlands highway with a speed limit of only 100km/h.

In general after 205000km my average is 5,7l/100km as you can see below in the link to spritmonitor.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I use Fuelly to track mine. Looks a very similar average to yours.
OkeyStokey said:
Not diesel, but I keep a log of my fuel purchases (being a spreadsheet warrior and all) :geek:

This is for my 200.

My idea was to see if different fuels have different effects.
Not tried regular yet though. Not sure I want to :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
Only just started that tank.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Now that's more like it Chris - spot on.

That's what I would expect cruising at 50 / 60 and overall getting 61.3 and 927 miles is exceptional, which if calculated properly should be within the 60 mpg. What size tank does the diesel have? I found the Picasso had a 12 galleon tank compared to the 10 galleon of the petrol.

Thanks.