What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Economy mode activated

A

Anonymous

Which ever bright spark came up with the Peugeot version needs shot :thumbdown: :twisted: it's my car and if i wanna run down the battery listening to music so wot aaahhhhhh :x

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Which ever bright spark came up with the Peugeot version needs shot :thumbdown: :twisted: it's my car and if i wanna run down the battery listening to music so wot aaahhhhhh :x
Totally agree with your thoughts on the subject :clap: Why install a DVD player and then add economy mode? :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

It's stupidity at best. It goes into economy mode quicker than the 308CC and that was quick.

Sitting in the car yesterday waiting on Green Flag - it was warm so I had the window down.

Rain started pishing down so I had to close the window - to do so I had to start the engine - the thing that the warning message had told me not to do!!!

A

Anonymous

I agree, surely if the key is in the ignition then it should be down to user error. If you take the key out then feel free to activate economy mode. Currently you can't use the DVD player while the car is in motion and you can't use it while it's stationary unless the engine is running. Also don't leave anything plugged into the USB port when the car is not being used for several days, the useless economy mode didn't pickup that one, the battery was flat, alarm activates when you unlock the windows drop half way down and you have no access to the boot (all access is electrically operated). The car has been through several periods of inactivity since then but with nothing plugged into the USB port but this time, no flat battery.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I leave my iPod plugged into the USB all the time and never suffered any problems, that have been mentioned here.