What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Eco mode?

nicpy

Reaction score
I see that to some extent this has been discussed before, but Eco Mode seems to cut in very quickly. I know my battery is good so should have more than adequate reserves of power. As it is, it is not even possible to have the radio on for more than a few minutes of so without the engine running. As understand it eco mode comes in when the battery voltage drops down to a certain level, the question arises, "Is this level adjustable, if not on the car, but by the dealers?"

drdino

Reaction score
Forgive me for asking, but how do you know the battery is good?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I haven't heard anywhere that the eco mode threshold is adjustable. I think it is a set level fixed in the ecu software.

You could try asking at your local main stealers, but they probably won't know what eco mode is :wtf:

nicpy

Reaction score
drdino said:
Forgive me for asking, but how do you know the battery is good?

The battery that was originally on the car did the same thing, I swapped for a two year old Bosch battery on our other car on which I did a trickle charge, allowed the surface charge to settle, then did a voltage test with two different multimeters which were showing just slightly over 12 volts. I fairness I really should have done a battery drain test, as soon as I can I will.

drdino

Reaction score
Did the replacement battery have the same specs?