What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DVD player

A

Anonymous

I have the NG4 sat Nav which also has a DVD player . No matter what tyoe of DVD I insert when stationary it will not load. I have selected Aux but still cant get DVD'sd to loadup...do they have to be a certain format ???? . Everything else works (USB stick for MP3 audio) 2 phones (1x internal SIM and a bluetooth phone) , sat nav, radio etc etc

A

Anonymous

I've played a regular (retail) DVD in the car without issue, can't remember if I had to manually select DVD via the media menu or if the system automatically detected it. but it did work and play. Check if normal CD's play properly to ensure that it's not a problem with the DVD laser

A

Anonymous

Dont you have to remove the key from the ignition to play a dvd ? Some sort of safety device.

A

Anonymous

Hi - DVD should work as soon as you insert it - works with the car engine running but the picture will cut our when your speed gets to about 6mph. The sound will still play though so you can listen to the DVD when you are driving.

Hope this helps

Dean

A

Anonymous

ah, ok thanks, i knew there was some sort of safety feature. Its usualy connected to the handbrake, so if you insert a dvd whilst the handbrake is off then the dvd will not play. There is a very very simple wiring solution around this, but then again driving whilst watching a copy of Bay Watch is not recommended in the highway code book. :eusa-think:

I am surprised that the car can even drive off whilst a dvd is playing ?

A

Anonymous

eh..thanks. Need to read manual again. I took it back to the dealer and he inserted a DVD and it worked fine. Maybe its the movies are a compressed format ??? Thanks for the tips..the quest continues :)

Apart from that.... Brilliant and I like the fact I have an inboard mobile SIM plus my work Bberry and can switch between the 2 :) great system

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
ah, ok thanks, i knew there was some sort of safety feature. Its usualy connected to the handbrake, so if you insert a dvd whilst the handbrake is off then the dvd will not play. There is a very very simple wiring solution around this, but then again driving whilst watching a copy of Bay Watch is not recommended in the highway code book. :eusa-think:

I am surprised that the car can even drive off whilst a dvd is playing ?
Some after market DVD Players use the hand break signal to disable the DVD video but most in-car systems work on pulses from a speed sensor. The speed sensor drives the integrated electrics and is linked to a range of things including the speedo and the air bag trigger mechanism as well as the DVD player so you can't just disable the speed sensor.

The is a black box available for some car brands that will intercept the signal to the DVD player and fool it into thinking that the car is stationary when it isn't. One of my work colleagues bought this over the internet for his Mercedes Coupe and it works perfectly. I'm not sure if there is a Peugeot equivalent though.

frankvdb

Reaction score
adrian said:
eh..thanks. Need to read manual again. I took it back to the dealer and he inserted a DVD and it worked fine. Maybe its the movies are a compressed format ??? Thanks for the tips..the quest continues :)

Apart from that.... Brilliant and I like the fact I have an inboard mobile SIM plus my work Bberry and can switch between the 2 :) great system

Are you sure your disks are DVD format and not some type of DivX.
I've had no problems so far playing any of my home made DVDs and was also able to play DVD Audio on it.
However, I haven't tried to find out yet whether it actually uses the 5.1 sound or it just plays the plain stereo track.
It sounded impressive though with the JBL sound system.