What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DSC/ASR..turning it off

Flanners

Reaction score
Went out for a blat today and decided to turn off the 'Traction Control' over a 5+ mile blat and had a spirited drive on a set of twisties, the car definitely 'came alive' and it was cracking fun made me smile. Never had a car with TC so it felt really good fun to get the R a bit/a lot out of shape as usually it is pretty much composed unless you are really hooning it; was good to work the car and keep it under control, feeding the power. the steering, feeling the feedback etc; having turned it back on again it felt more civilised but a little 'flatter' and less sensiitive in comparison.

Reading the manual the brakes and engine are managed/used to keep the car going as the driver intends....snow is one reason to use it. Do owner's just leave the TC systems running or do people turn them off? The R is definitely a beast with it off! Can't find much discussion about the RCZ TC system on here and owners use or not of it.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
In the wet weather the traction control on my GT 86 stays firmly on.
It does it's best to slide around with it turned on if I'm being a bit heavy handed.

On my rcz I never turned it off once.