What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DS3 156HP Radiator fan issue

alexandru0146

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've got a Citroen DS3, 1.6 THP - 156 HP version. The main issue is that the radiator fan is kicking in when I start the engine even if the engine is cold. It's running at full speed and it's stopping by itself 5 minutes later the car is turned off. In the meantime the temperature gauge is not going at 90 degrees temperature, is sitting around 50-60 all the time. Any ideea what this issue were are coming from guys? The thermostat housing was changed 1 month ago, not sure if the temperature sensor is integrated into it or it can be changed separately.

Pedro

Reaction score
The fan is triggered by the ECU for engine temp to stop overheating issues so its possible the coolant sensor /water pump as its electrically controlled or other electrical problems are at fault

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Coolant sensors are prone to be the issue as I have had this with a red carbon that I had money down on and said its not a issue so I walked away from the sale