What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Drop Link

Woodso

Reaction score
The wife's Citreon C4 failed it's MOT when done at National Tyres cos Front Pad's less that 1.5mm. Took it to our garage that we alway's use, job done but they advised that we had a worn Drop Link. We had heard a slight knocking noise but assumed as not picked up on MOT, nothing serious. Apparently a worn Drop Link, should be a fail. Re-test done yesterday at the same place, took 1/2 hr, still not picked up worn Drop Link. Should we complain?

Pedro

Reaction score
If its not in the advise section then the tester has allowed it to pass the problems with MOT stations is once they book the car online & they don't find a fault that appears after you take it away its difficult to see how you have a complaint the tester can state at the time a certificate was issued the vehicle was fine & fit for purpose its all bout the exact timing of the minute the Car goes on the ramp where complaints are concerned

Woodso

Reaction score
Sorry Pedro, to make it clear, my point was that the problem regards the Drop Link, was there before I took it for the 1st MOT. There was a knocking, thought it was nothing because not mentioned on 1st MOT inspection, thought OK. I cannot understand your comment about booking an MOT online and testing, it actually seem's gibberish. My local garage picked up the problem with the Drop Link straight away when changing the disc's and pad's and said it is a MOT fail.

Kerr

Reaction score
The retest would have just checked over the failed parts.

It sounds like a minor issue that could be missed. It's also not the matter of life and death. I'd give the garage some slack that it was nothing more than an oversight, or maybe in their opinion it wasn't too bad.

People usually have the opposite complaint that the garage was too harsh and trying to drum up work.

If it worried you then maybe worth getting it checked out before an MOT.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I understood exactly what Pedro meant.

I also can’t understand why you would want to complain that your wife’s car passed its MOT. That’s a new one on me.

As Kerr has said, if it’s something that you are concerned about, go back to the garage that said it was a problem and get them to fix it.

Pedro

Reaction score
Sorry Pedro, to make it clear, my point was that the problem regards the Drop Link, was there before I took it for the 1st MOT. There was a knocking, thought it was nothing because not mentioned on 1st MOT inspection, thought OK. I cannot understand your comment about booking an MOT online and testing, it actually seem's gibberish. My local garage picked up the problem with the Drop Link straight away when changing the disc's and pad's and said it is a MOT fail.
All MOT stations have to book any vehicle into the DVLA system online when it goes on the Ramp that is why you now get a mileage history on your certificate
I cannot make it any more gibberish or logical than that its also used to prevent Fraud & can also be used for data history in making official complaints to the DVLA