What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DRL not working when lighting in AUTO

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Well, the title says it all, the DRL lights aren't functioning correctly. When in AUTO the left DRL is burning, the right is not. When in Manual, (first click after auto), they are both on. Any of your guys
had a similair problem? What can I do about it?

Thanks!
Sander

A

Anonymous

Are you sure you are not veiwing the side lamp function of the twin element bulb ?
With DRL enabled in the lighting menu, during daylight with lights on auto you should have bright light from both, with lights set to side or head or during darkness if in auto you should have the same bulb that was bright now lit slighly less.
It could be (if all above is true) you have duffy bulb.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Having been reading through loads and loads of threads on lights on here, I have come across other posts with similar problems.
I can't remember what the outcome was though. I'll see if I can find the thread again for you.

A

Anonymous

Guys & girls gives me some Vin numbers and I'll cross reference any info flashes that might of help.

A

Anonymous

Not all LED will work in Auto mode. I have tried with at least 4 different pieces, then only have one that can light up in auto mode.

During Auto mode, most LEDs will not light up in low light mode, but fine in strong light mode.

A

Anonymous

sandervh2 said:
Hi guys,

Well, the title says it all, the DRL lights aren't functioning correctly. When in AUTO the left DRL is burning, the right is not. When in Manual, (first click after auto), they are both on. Any of your guys
had a similair problem? What can I do about it?

Thanks!
Sander

I have exactly the same situation!

Were you able to solve it?

A

Anonymous

I fitted a replacement LED lamp and had problems with the light not working at all in side light mode. I thing the Canbus system thought there was not enough current being drawn. I fitted a 47 Ohm, 7watt resistor, from Maplin Electronics, in parallel with the side light wiring in each wiring loop going to the lights. It works just fine now.

The current draw from the resistor and the LED approximate the current drawn from the old halogen lamp.

Hope this helps.

The Guardian

Reaction score
I had a problem simular to you. I had one of the DRL replacement LED's changing brightness all the time. If I changed sides the other side would change brightness. I got a replacement LED for that bulb and everything was good.